Subject: Bug#1003456: marked as pending in lintian

From: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 20:39:07 +0000

Control: tag -1 pending

Hello,

Bug #1003456 in lintian reported by you has been fixed in the
Git repository and is awaiting an upload. You can see the commit
message below and you can check the diff of the fix at:

https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/commit/192e15ae2eda7535622d44d2f3f382783b110ee5

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Store ELF information from readelf in an MLDBM database. (Closes: #1003456)

Works but is slow. Perhaps not quite so much of the readelf information needs
to be retained.

The impact on average library packages has yet to be evaluated.

It may only is be issue for some installables. The one from the bug, for
example (picolibc-arm-none-eabi_1.7.4-1_all.deb) seemed to generate several
million symbols whose purpose was not clear to me. That impression is dated
because I looked into the reason for the high memory usage in January.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

(this message was generated automatically)
-- 
Greetings

https://bugs.debian.org/1003456