Subject: alsa-utils: upgrade to version 1.2.6-1 breaks PulseAudio

From: Antonio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2022 11:52:38 +0100

Package: alsa-utils
Version: 1.2.6-1
Severity: important

Dear Maintainer,
I use PulseAudio by starting it as a service:

---

[Unit]
Description=PulseAudio system server

[Service]
Type=notify
ExecStart=/usr/bin/pulseaudio --daemonize=no --system --realtime 
--log-target=journal

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

---

but after updating the alsa-utils package from version 1.2.5-2 to 
version 1.2.6-1, pulseaudio does not start and the status of the service 
returns this error:

PulseAudio [1620]: Failed to Load Module "Module-Native-Protocol-Unix" 
(Argument: ""): Initialization Failed.

I have compared the contents of the two packages and I noticed that the 
services:

- alsa-state.service
- alsa-restore.service

have been moved from the path "/usr/lib/systemd/system" -> 
"/lib/systemd/system" and this create the problem.

ln -sfn 
/lib/systemd/system/{sound.target.wants,alsa-restore.service,alsa-state.service}
/usr/lib/systemd/system/

And this time, at reboot, everything worked.

I think it is necessary to create this symlinks in the post-installation 
script to avoid interruptions of the audio system.

Thank you,
Antonio