Subject: Re: Bug#1004894: sudo: [i386] invalid opcode

From: Martin-Éric Racine <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2022 10:11:30 +0200

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 9:55 AM Martin-Éric Racine
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 9:41 AM Marc Haber
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 03, 2022 at 09:11:10AM +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> > > On a Geode LX (i686 without PAE), the most recent sudo dumps core. dmesg shows the following:
> >
> > Just for the record, the current i386 sudo was built on x86-ubc-02, Logs
> > https://buildd.debian.org/status/logs.php?pkg=sudo&ver=1.9.9-1&arch=i386
> >
> > I guess this might be a toolchain or autobuilder issue.
>
> The log suggests that this was built on an amd64 host configured with
> a 386 chroot. This might explain it. Putting the port maintainers in
> CC.

FYI I tried building this in a chroot. The following doesn't bode too well:

Now running lintian sudo_1.9.9-1_i386.changes ...
W: sudo-dbgsym: elf-error In program headers: Unable to find program
interpreter name
[usr/lib/debug/.build-id/52/9f0be3cc3ee3895db3782367a6d5027b490c16.debug]
W: sudo-dbgsym: elf-error In program headers: Unable to find program
interpreter name
[usr/lib/debug/.build-id/60/b26a463d4e15e03b1cad5bbd3a1c7727374e33.debug]
W: sudo-dbgsym: elf-error In program headers: Unable to find program
interpreter name
[usr/lib/debug/.build-id/62/e514099b09b5784710801d4ee31c939fa78be2.debug]
W: sudo-dbgsym: elf-error In program headers: Unable to find program
interpreter name
[usr/lib/debug/.build-id/75/92f631f7e3d7b3d445949b531311bd3c9dfd8d.debug]
W: sudo-dbgsym: elf-error In program headers: Unable to find program
interpreter name
[usr/lib/debug/.build-id/bf/93824f1972a7ac3e65aa9cc4a2e688719c4218.debug]
W: sudo-dbgsym: elf-error In program headers: Unable to find program
interpreter name
[usr/lib/debug/.build-id/d0/3d4a21049378634ee409aedd9e737342f022f7.debug]
W: sudo-dbgsym: elf-error In program headers: Unable to find program
interpreter name
[usr/lib/debug/.build-id/dc/68f81b10cfdf0528275050a5c9f58212c747b7.debug]
W: sudo-ldap-dbgsym: elf-error In program headers: Unable to find
program interpreter name
[usr/lib/debug/.build-id/09/fd070313d4b734265d870c2a6c3c6ed5aa19af.debug]
W: sudo-ldap-dbgsym: elf-error In program headers: Unable to find
program interpreter name
[usr/lib/debug/.build-id/64/c8cb86718642d65fc1d409ba1d673c4a8a667d.debug]
W: sudo-ldap-dbgsym: elf-error In program headers: Unable to find
program interpreter name
[usr/lib/debug/.build-id/7e/ae661fff053994f13f649a30bde394ed533704.debug]
W: sudo-ldap-dbgsym: elf-error In program headers: Unable to find
program interpreter name
[usr/lib/debug/.build-id/87/15a519ebb851bbeae9dc69da45fce90621f43f.debug]
W: sudo-ldap-dbgsym: elf-error In program headers: Unable to find
program interpreter name
[usr/lib/debug/.build-id/dc/bc41efaa2f4467cabe9b472ae91056951a0bfe.debug]
W: sudo-ldap-dbgsym: elf-error In program headers: Unable to find
program interpreter name
[usr/lib/debug/.build-id/e8/be7f62e31944813b3c52f051f8507869aa6550.debug]
W: sudo-ldap-dbgsym: elf-error In program headers: Unable to find
program interpreter name
[usr/lib/debug/.build-id/e9/e23698273c50a1e632d319e1586a8de59dd38b.debug]
N: 38 hints overridden (28 errors, 6 warnings, 4 info); 0 unused overrides
Finished running lintian.

Martin-Éric