Subject: lintian: broken embedded-library

From: Andreas Beckmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 10:43:57 +0200

Package: lintian
Version: 2.115.1
Severity: normal

Hi,

I think embedded-library was recently broken.

After upgrading to lintian 2.115.0 I got
  "mismatched-override embedded-library"
reports. I commented them in order to get the new syntax, but the tag
was no longer emitted. Later I experimented with adding '[]' around the
filename and I'm no longer getting the mismatched-override, but also no
unused-override. And --show-overrides doesn't list them either. There is
something fishy here ...

src:nvidia-graphics-drivers-legacy-390xx 390.151-1 has the "old"
overrides (i.e. without [] around the file name) emitting
mismatched-override (but doesn't emit a correct embedded-library tag,
while it emits the correct tags for all other mismatched-override tags)

src:nvidia-graphics-drivers-legacy-390xx 390.151-2 has the overrides
removed completely

(I've not yet uploaded a package with the new overrides.)

BTW, that happens on lintian -i -I -E -v --pedantic *.changes

Andreas