Subject: Bug#1017992: (Upstream fix) socket path handling

From: Spamme <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 20:13:52 +0200

Package: amavisd-new
Version: 1:2.11.0-6.1

When using multiple unix sockets, amavis fail to correctly determine 
which socket is being used for the connection, and so it fails to apply 
the correct policy bank. In some cases, no policy bank is found and the 
server crashes with a fatal error:

(!!)TROUBLE in process_request: protocol not specified, UNIX at 
/usr/sbin/amavisd-new line 13718.

This has been fixed upstream here:
https://gitlab.com/amavis/amavis/-/merge_requests/2/diffs?commit_id=f94a641de96a94aac86cc5b36926b503cb8c5c8d

After a quick test I can confirm the fix works on buster.

---

From: Brian May <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 08:18:19 +1000

> https://gitlab.com/amavis/amavis/-/merge_requests/2/diffs?commit_id=f94a641de96a94aac86cc5b36926b503cb8c5c8d

As far as I can tell there wasn't been a stable release of amavisd-new
since 2018-10-08.

> 2018-10-08: amavisd-new-2.11.1.tar.bz2 release

https://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/

Should we be switching to use the latest git master release? Does it
matter if we include such a version in a stable Debian release?

I don't know. Some upstream maintainers can object to using an unstable
git version in a stable Debian release. Even if there has not been any
stable releases in years.

And I think cherry-picking a change from the git branch isn't any better
either. Maybe worse, we won't automatically get bug fixes for the change
we cherry-picked.
-- 
Brian May <[email-masked]>