Subject: Bug#1017992: (Upstream fix) socket path handling

From: Brian May <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 08:18:19 +1000

Spamme <[email-masked]> writes:

> This has been fixed upstream here:
> https://gitlab.com/amavis/amavis/-/merge_requests/2/diffs?commit_id=f94a641de96a94aac86cc5b36926b503cb8c5c8d

As far as I can tell there wasn't been a stable release of amavisd-new
since 2018-10-08.

> 2018-10-08: amavisd-new-2.11.1.tar.bz2 release

https://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/

Should we be switching to use the latest git master release? Does it
matter if we include such a version in a stable Debian release?

I don't know. Some upstream maintainers can object to using an unstable
git version in a stable Debian release. Even if there has not been any
stable releases in years.

And I think cherry-picking a change from the git branch isn't any better
either. Maybe worse, we won't automatically get bug fixes for the change
we cherry-picked.
-- 
Brian May <[email-masked]>