Subject: guvcview: Command line invocation truncates device path

From: Beiad Ian Q Dalton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2023 10:14:10 -0800

Package: guvcview
Version: 2.0.6+debian-1+b2
Severity: normal
X-Debbugs-Cc: [email-masked]

Dear Maintainer,

Multiple cameras attached, specifying device using 'by-id' extended device path.

beata@spilogale:~$ ls /dev/v4l/by-id/
usb-046d_HD_Pro_Webcam_C920_5A4AA79F-video-index0
usb-046d_HD_Pro_Webcam_C920_5A4AA79F-video-index1
usb-046d_HD_Pro_Webcam_C920_792F345F-video-index0
usb-046d_HD_Pro_Webcam_C920_792F345F-video-index1
usb-046d_HD_Pro_Webcam_C920_C867FD9F-video-index0
usb-046d_HD_Pro_Webcam_C920_C867FD9F-video-index1
usb-046d_HD_Pro_Webcam_C920_E28FA79F-video-index0
usb-046d_HD_Pro_Webcam_C920_E28FA79F-video-index1

beata@spilogale:~$ guvcview --verbosity=1 --device=/dev/v4l/by-id/usb-046d_HD_Pro_Webcam_C920_5A4AA79F-video-index0 
GUVCVIEW: version 2.0.6
GUVCVIEW: couldn't open /home/beata/.config/guvcview2/usb-046d_HD_Pr for read: No such file or directory
Guvcview: using GUI 1 for option gtk
V4L2_CORE: capture method mmap (1)
V4L2_CORE: video device: /dev/v4l/by-id/usb-046d_HD_Pr 
V4L2_CORE: ERROR opening V4L interface: No such file or directory
GUVCVIEW (1): Guvcview error
	 no video device found

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 11.6
  APT prefers stable-updates
  APT policy: (500, 'stable-updates'), (500, 'stable-security'), (500, 'stable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 5.19.0-0.deb11.2-amd64 (SMP w/24 CPU threads; PREEMPT)
Kernel taint flags: TAINT_PROPRIETARY_MODULE, TAINT_OOT_MODULE, TAINT_UNSIGNED_MODULE
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE not set
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

Versions of packages guvcview depends on:
ii  libc6              2.31-13+deb11u5
ii  libglib2.0-0       2.66.8-1
ii  libgtk-3-0         3.24.24-4+deb11u2
ii  libguvcview-2.0-2  2.0.6+debian-1+b2

Versions of packages guvcview recommends:
pn  uvcdynctrl  <none>

guvcview suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information