Subject: Re: Bug#1036971: pwsafe: empty window after internal timeout or screen blank

From: Bill Wohler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2023 09:07:55 -0700

Hi Bill,

I can confirm this regression as I experienced it when I upgraded from
bullseye (perhaps with a more recent version than 1.12 from backports)
to bookworm (with PasswordSafe 1.16) yesterday.

Normally, when the database is locked after some time of inactivity, the
password dialog appears. This dialog is no longer appearing. That's the
bug.

Giuseppe, there is a workaround to get the password dialog that takes
four more button presses than we'd like: press the Close button followed
by the Open button and double-click on your database file.

Bill, I *think* I have a compiled PasswordSafe 1.16 from upstream at
work that works as expected. I'll double-check the version tomorrow and
let you know.

I wonder if this is a GNOME 43 incompatibility...

-- 
Bill Wohler <[email-masked]> aka <[email-masked]>
http://www.newt.com/wohler/, GnuPG ID:610BD9AD

---

From: Bill Wohler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2023 08:46:22 -0700

Just confirmed that it is version 1.16 that I'm running at work. It was
built from source on a Red Hat 8 system.

---

From: Bill Wohler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2023 10:19:08 -0700

Unfortunately, version 1.17 in trixie does not address this issue for me.