Subject: python3-exabgp: SyntaxWarning: invalid escape sequence

From: Taavi Väänänen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 12:51:26 +0300

Package: python3-exabgp
Version: 4.2.21-2
Severity: normal

Hi,

Installing python3-exabgp on Trixie prints the following Python warnings
on trixie:

Setting up python3-exabgp (4.2.21-2) ...
update-alternatives: using /usr/sbin/python3-exabgp to provide /usr/sbin/exabgp (exabgp) in auto mode
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/exabgp/vendoring/bitstring.py:2: SyntaxWarning: invalid escape sequence '\ '
  """
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/exabgp/vendoring/cmd2.py:101: SyntaxWarning: invalid escape sequence '\s'
  pattern = '\s+'.join(re.escape(a) for a in newArgList) + '\s*$'
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/exabgp/vendoring/cmd2.py:101: SyntaxWarning: invalid escape sequence '\s'
  pattern = '\s+'.join(re.escape(a) for a in newArgList) + '\s*$'
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/exabgp/vendoring/docopt.py:159: SyntaxWarning: invalid escape sequence '\S'
  name = re.findall('(<\S*?>)', source)[0]
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/exabgp/vendoring/docopt.py:160: SyntaxWarning: invalid escape sequence '\['
  value = re.findall('\[default: (.*)\]', source, flags=re.I)
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/exabgp/vendoring/docopt.py:199: SyntaxWarning: invalid escape sequence '\['
  matched = re.findall('\[default: (.*)\]', description, flags=re.I)
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/exabgp/vendoring/docopt.py:437: SyntaxWarning: invalid escape sequence '\S'
  split = re.split('\n *(<\S+?>|-\S+?)', doc)[1:]
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/exabgp/vendoring/pyparsing.py:2147: SyntaxWarning: invalid escape sequence '\g'
  ret = re.sub(self.escCharReplacePattern, "\g<1>", ret)

-- System Information:
Debian Release: trixie/sid
  APT prefers testing-proposed-updates
  APT policy: (500, 'testing-proposed-updates'), (500, 'testing')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 6.7.12-amd64 (SMP w/8 CPU threads; PREEMPT)
Kernel taint flags: TAINT_WARN
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE=en_US:en
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /usr/bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)
LSM: AppArmor: enabled

Versions of packages python3-exabgp depends on:
ii  python3                3.11.8-1
ii  python3-pkg-resources  68.1.2-2

python3-exabgp recommends no packages.

python3-exabgp suggests no packages.

-- no debconf information