Subject: heimdal: please add support for include directives

From: Andreas Hasenack <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2024 17:47:38 -0300

Package: heimdal
Version: 7.8.git20221117.28daf24+dfsg-5
Severity: normal

Dear Maintaner,

please add support for include and includedir directives in krb5.conf
to heimdal. This has been committed upstream already[1], and is
supported by MIT Kerberos.

Missing this feature is preventing closing a kerberos-configs[2] bug,
because since krb5.conf is shared between heimdal and MIT kerberos,
both need to support these inclusion directives.

The upstream commit[1] landed in 2017, but is not yet part of any
heimdal release, and it's unclear when such new release will happen.
The patch applies without changes to the current version in debian
unstable. I understand adding it adds risk to the package in Debian,
but not having it is also preventing other packages from moving
forward.

1. https://github.com/heimdal/heimdal/commit/fe43be85587f834266623adb0ecf2793d212a7ca
2. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=858970