Subject: Bug#1074775: heimdal: please add support for include directives

From: Andreas Hasenack <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2024 17:47:38 -0300

Package: heimdal
Version: 7.8.git20221117.28daf24+dfsg-5
Severity: normal

Dear Maintaner,

please add support for include and includedir directives in krb5.conf
to heimdal. This has been committed upstream already[1], and is
supported by MIT Kerberos.

Missing this feature is preventing closing a kerberos-configs[2] bug,
because since krb5.conf is shared between heimdal and MIT kerberos,
both need to support these inclusion directives.

The upstream commit[1] landed in 2017, but is not yet part of any
heimdal release, and it's unclear when such new release will happen.
The patch applies without changes to the current version in debian
unstable. I understand adding it adds risk to the package in Debian,
but not having it is also preventing other packages from moving
forward.

1. https://github.com/heimdal/heimdal/commit/fe43be85587f834266623adb0ecf2793d212a7ca
2. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=858970

---

From: Andreas Hasenack <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2024 10:40:35 -0300

I have a salsa branch, including a DEP8 test to exercise the new
includedir functionality. I'll propose it soon, I think there is one
or two extra commits from upstream we would want.

---

From: Andreas Hasenack <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2024 11:15:26 -0300

Salsa PR at https://salsa.debian.org/debian/heimdal/-/merge_requests/3
for consideration. It also adds an autopkgtest.

---

From: Brian May <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2024 03:25:31 +0000

Control: tag -1 pending

Hello,

Bug #1074775 in heimdal reported by you has been fixed in the
Git repository and is awaiting an upload. You can see the commit
message below and you can check the diff of the fix at:

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/heimdal/-/commit/321c746b54ef040d84227f9683076cdd06bb24b0

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Add support for include and includedir directives to krb5.conf

d/p/add-include-support-{1,2,3,4}.patch

Closes: #1074775
------------------------------------------------------------------------

(this message was generated automatically)
-- 
Greetings

https://bugs.debian.org/1074775