Subject: piuparts: dpkg has been marked as cannot-be-tested for a while

From: Guillem Jover <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2024 00:11:20 +0200

Package: piuparts
Version: 1.4.2
Severity: normal

Hi!

I'm not sure when this started, but I think it's been a while now,
probably several months, perhaps more?

The dpkg package has been marked as cannot-be-tested, from logs such
as <https://piuparts.debian.org/sid-strict/untestable/dpkg_1.22.11.log>
I've assumed this was a transient problem with some other package or
piuparts ignore rules, but perhaps there's something else going on.
The main problem I see in the log (but perhaps I've missed something
else, which then I'd be happy to fix) is:

  ,---
  0m27.4s ERROR: FAIL: Package purging left files on system:
    /etc/default/locale -> ../locale.conf	 not owned
    /etc/vconsole.conf -> default/keyboard	 not owned
    /root/.ssh/	 not owned
    /var/cache/private/	 not owned
    /var/lib/private/	 not owned
    /var/lib/systemd/coredump/	 not owned
    /var/lib/systemd/ephemeral-trees/	 not owned
    /var/lib/systemd/network/	 not owned
    /var/lib/systemd/pstore/	 not owned
    /var/log/private/	 not owned

  0m27.5s ERROR: FAIL: Installation and purging test.
  `---

But those are created by other packages, such as ssh, or systemd.

Thanks,
Guillem