Subject: tryton-modules-product-cost-warehouse: (build-)depends on deprecated module python3-pkg-resources

From: Matthias Klose <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2024 09:50:47 +0000

Package: src:tryton-modules-product-cost-warehouse
Version: 6.0.4-3
Severity: normal
Tags: sid trixie
User: [email-masked]
Usertags: pkg-resources-deprecation

[This bug is targeted to the upcoming trixie release]

The package build-depends or depends on python3-pkg-resources, which is
deprecated upstream. Details can be found at

    https://setuptools.pypa.io/en/latest/pkg_resources.html

Use of pkg_resources is deprecated in favor of importlib.resources,
importlib.metadata and their backports (importlib_resources, importlib_metadata).
Some useful APIs are also provided by packaging (e.g. requirements and version
parsing). Users should refrain from new usage of pkg_resources and should work
to port to importlib-based solutions.

Python 3.12 in unstable provides both importlib_resources and
importlib_metadata, so no additional dependencies on those packages are needed.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2025 21:32:11 +0100 (CET)

Version: 7.0.0-3