Subject: Bug#1088499: python3-pytest-mpl: move from twitter-bootstrap{3,4} to bootstrap-html (v5)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2024 22:29:30 -0300

Package: python3-pytest-mpl
Severity: normal
Tags: upstream
User: [email-masked]
Usertags: bootstrap-v5-migration

Dear maintainer(s),

Your package (build-)depends on one of the binary packages of
src:twitter-bootstrap3 (fonts-glyphicons-halflings, libjs-bootstrap)
and/or src:twitter-bootstrap4 (libjs-bootstrap4). Unfortunately,
bootstrap versions 3 and 4 have been EOL'ed by upstream and it is
difficult to provide security support for them.

Projects depending on the unmaintained bootstrap versions are
encouraged to migrate to bootstrap v5 (src:bootstrap-html). Please
note that bootstrap v5 is not just a drop-in replacement, and some
work on the upstream side may be needed. Upstream provides these
migration guides that may help:

https://getbootstrap.com/docs/5.3/migration/
https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.6/migration/

Please, consider migrating to bootstrap v5.

---

From: "Debian Bug Tracking System" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2024 01:33:04 +0000

Thank you for filing a new Bug report with Debian.

You can follow progress on this Bug here: 1088499: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1088499.

This is an automatically generated reply to let you know your message
has been received.

Your message has been forwarded to the package maintainers (but not
other interested parties, as you requested) for their attention; they
will reply in due course.

Your message has been sent to the package maintainer(s):
 Debian Astronomy Maintainers <[email-masked]>

If you wish to submit further information on this problem, please
send it to [email-masked].

Please do not send mail to [email-masked] unless you wish
to report a problem with the Bug-tracking system.

-- 
1088499: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1088499
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems