Subject: audacious-plugins: ftbfs with GCC-15

From: Matthias Klose <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 17:04:10 +0000

Package: src:audacious-plugins
Version: 4.4.2-1
Severity: important
Tags: sid forky
User: [email-masked]
Usertags: ftbfs-gcc-15

[This bug is NOT targeted to the upcoming trixie release]

Please keep this issue open in the bug tracker for the package it
was filed for.  If a fix in another package is required, please
file a bug for the other package (or clone), and add a block in this
package. Please keep the issue open until the package can be built in
a follow-up test rebuild.

The package fails to build in a test rebuild on at least amd64 with
gcc-15/g++-15, but succeeds to build with gcc-14/g++-14. The
severity of this report will be raised before the forky release.

The full build log can be found at:
http://qa-logs.debian.net/2025/02/16/amd64exp/audacious-plugins_4.4.2-1_unstable_gccexp.log.gz
The last lines of the build log are at the end of this report.

To build with GCC 15, either set CC=gcc-15 CXX=g++-15 explicitly,
or install the gcc, g++, gfortran, ... packages from experimental.

  apt-get -t=experimental install g++ 

GCC 15 now defaults to the C23/C++23 standards, exposing many FTBFS.
Other Common build failures are new warnings resulting in build failures
with -Werror turned on, or new/dropped symbols in Debian symbols files.
For other C/C++ related build failures see the porting guide at
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-15/porting_to.html

[...]
FAILED: src/search-tool-qt/search-tool-qt.so 
/usr/bin/ld: src/search-tool-qt/search-tool-qt.so.p/search-model.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/search-tool-qt/search-tool-qt.so.p/html-delegate.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/search-tool-qt/search-tool-qt.so.p/search-tool-qt.cc.o:(.rodata+0x2a): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/search-tool-qt/search-tool-qt.so.p/html-delegate.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
FAILED: src/qtui/qtui.so 
/usr/bin/ld: src/qtui/qtui.so.p/dialogs-qt.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/qtui/qtui.so.p/qtui.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/qtui/qtui.so.p/main_window.cc.o:(.rodata+0x2b): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/qtui/qtui.so.p/qtui.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/qtui/qtui.so.p/menu-ops.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/qtui/qtui.so.p/qtui.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/qtui/qtui.so.p/menus.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/qtui/qtui.so.p/qtui.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/qtui/qtui.so.p/playlist-qt.cc.o:(.rodata+0xaa): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/qtui/qtui.so.p/qtui.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/qtui/qtui.so.p/playlist_header.cc.o:(.rodata+0xa8): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/qtui/qtui.so.p/qtui.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/qtui/qtui.so.p/playlist_model.cc.o:(.rodata+0xa8): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/qtui/qtui.so.p/qtui.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/qtui/qtui.so.p/playlist_tabs.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/qtui/qtui.so.p/qtui.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/qtui/qtui.so.p/info_bar.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/qtui/qtui.so.p/qtui.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/qtui/qtui.so.p/search_bar.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/qtui/qtui.so.p/qtui.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/qtui/qtui.so.p/status_bar.cc.o:(.rodata+0x2c): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/qtui/qtui.so.p/qtui.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/qtui/qtui.so.p/tool_bar.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/qtui/qtui.so.p/qtui.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/qtui/qtui.so.p/time_slider.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/qtui/qtui.so.p/qtui.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
FAILED: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so 
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/button.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/dialogs-qt.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/dock.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/drag-handle.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/eq-graph.cc.o:(.rodata+0x50): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/eq-slider.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/equalizer.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/hslider.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/main.cc.o:(.rodata+0x30): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/menurow.cc.o:(.rodata+0x2b): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/menu-ops.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/menus.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/monostereo.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/number.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/playlistwin.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/playlist-slider.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/playlist-widget.cc.o:(.rodata+0xeb): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/playstatus.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/plugin.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/plugin-window.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/search-select.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/skin.cc.o:(.rodata+0x60): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/skins_cfg.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/svis.cc.o:(.rodata+0xb4): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/textbox.cc.o:(.rodata+0xbf): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/view.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/vis-callbacks.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/vis.cc.o:(.rodata+0x74): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/widget.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/window.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/skins-qt/skins-qt.so.p/actions.cc.o:(.rodata+0x0): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
dh_auto_build: error: cd obj-x86_64-linux-gnu && LC_ALL=C.UTF-8 ninja -j8 -v returned exit code 1
make: *** [debian/rules:19: binary] Error 25
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary subprocess returned exit status 2