Subject: hipify: ftbfs with GCC-15

From: Matthias Klose <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 17:19:10 +0000

Package: src:hipify
Version: 6.0.2+dfsg-1
Severity: important
Tags: sid forky
User: [email-masked]
Usertags: ftbfs-gcc-15

[This bug is NOT targeted to the upcoming trixie release]

Please keep this issue open in the bug tracker for the package it
was filed for.  If a fix in another package is required, please
file a bug for the other package (or clone), and add a block in this
package. Please keep the issue open until the package can be built in
a follow-up test rebuild.

The package fails to build in a test rebuild on at least amd64 with
gcc-15/g++-15, but succeeds to build with gcc-14/g++-14. The
severity of this report will be raised before the forky release.

The full build log can be found at:
http://qa-logs.debian.net/2025/02/16/amd64exp/hipify_6.0.2+dfsg-1_unstable_gccexp.log.gz
The last lines of the build log are at the end of this report.

To build with GCC 15, either set CC=gcc-15 CXX=g++-15 explicitly,
or install the gcc, g++, gfortran, ... packages from experimental.

  apt-get -t=experimental install g++ 

GCC 15 now defaults to the C23/C++23 standards, exposing many FTBFS.
Other Common build failures are new warnings resulting in build failures
with -Werror turned on, or new/dropped symbols in Debian symbols files.
For other C/C++ related build failures see the porting guide at
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-15/porting_to.html

[...]
In file included from /usr/lib/llvm-17/include/clang/Basic/LLVM.h:24:
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:109:62: error: use of undeclared identifier 'uint64_t'
  109 |     std::conditional_t<sizeof(T) < 4 && sizeof(void *) >= 8, uint64_t,
      |                                                              ^
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:114:27: error: use of undeclared identifier 'SmallVectorSizeType'
  114 |   alignas(SmallVectorBase<SmallVectorSizeType<T>>) char Base[sizeof(
      |                           ^
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:115:23: error: use of undeclared identifier 'SmallVectorSizeType'
  115 |       SmallVectorBase<SmallVectorSizeType<T>>)];
      |                       ^
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:124:30: error: use of undeclared identifier 'SmallVectorSizeType'
  124 |     : public SmallVectorBase<SmallVectorSizeType<T>> {
      |                              ^
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:125:32: error: use of undeclared identifier 'SmallVectorSizeType'
  125 |   using Base = SmallVectorBase<SmallVectorSizeType<T>>;
      |                                ^
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:265:9: error: use of undeclared identifier 'Base'
  265 |   using Base::capacity;
      |         ^
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:266:9: error: use of undeclared identifier 'Base'
  266 |   using Base::empty;
      |         ^
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:267:9: error: use of undeclared identifier 'Base'
  267 |   using Base::size;
      |         ^
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:138:44: error: member initializer 'Base' does not name a non-static data member or base class
  138 |   SmallVectorTemplateCommon(size_t Size) : Base(getFirstEl(), Size) {}
      |                                            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:141:5: error: use of undeclared identifier 'Base'
  141 |     Base::grow_pod(getFirstEl(), MinSize, TSize);
      |     ^
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:272:37: error: use of undeclared identifier 'size'
  272 |   iterator end() { return begin() + size(); }
      |                                     ^
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:273:49: error: use of undeclared identifier 'size'
  273 |   const_iterator end() const { return begin() + size(); }
      |                                                 ^
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:281:44: error: use of undeclared identifier 'size'
  281 |   size_type size_in_bytes() const { return size() * sizeof(T); }
      |                                            ^
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:286:45: error: use of undeclared identifier 'capacity'
  286 |   size_t capacity_in_bytes() const { return capacity() * sizeof(T); }
      |                                             ^
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:294:18: error: use of undeclared identifier 'size'
  294 |     assert(idx < size());
      |                  ^
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:298:18: error: use of undeclared identifier 'size'
  298 |     assert(idx < size());
      |                  ^
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:303:13: error: use of undeclared identifier 'empty'
  303 |     assert(!empty());
      |             ^
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:307:13: error: use of undeclared identifier 'empty'
  307 |     assert(!empty());
      |             ^
/usr/lib/llvm-17/include/llvm/ADT/SmallVector.h:312:13: error: use of undeclared identifier 'empty'
  312 |     assert(!empty());
      |             ^
fatal error: too many errors emitted, stopping now [-ferror-limit=]
20 errors generated.
make[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/hipify-clang.dir/build.make:82: CMakeFiles/hipify-clang.dir/src/ArgParse.cpp.o] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[3]: Leaving directory '/build/reproducible-path/hipify-6.0.2+dfsg/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu'
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:256: CMakeFiles/hipify-clang.dir/all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/build/reproducible-path/hipify-6.0.2+dfsg/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:139: all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/build/reproducible-path/hipify-6.0.2+dfsg/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu'
dh_auto_build: error: cd obj-x86_64-linux-gnu && make -j8 "INSTALL=install --strip-program=true" VERBOSE=1 returned exit code 2
make: *** [debian/rules:5: binary] Error 25
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary subprocess returned exit status 2