Subject: qt6-serialbus: ftbfs with GCC-15

From: Matthias Klose <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 17:48:44 +0000

Package: src:qt6-serialbus
Version: 6.7.2-2
Severity: important
Tags: sid forky
User: [email-masked]
Usertags: ftbfs-gcc-15

[This bug is NOT targeted to the upcoming trixie release]

Please keep this issue open in the bug tracker for the package it
was filed for.  If a fix in another package is required, please
file a bug for the other package (or clone), and add a block in this
package. Please keep the issue open until the package can be built in
a follow-up test rebuild.

The package fails to build in a test rebuild on at least amd64 with
gcc-15/g++-15, but succeeds to build with gcc-14/g++-14. The
severity of this report will be raised before the forky release.

The full build log can be found at:
http://qa-logs.debian.net/2025/02/16/amd64exp/qt6-serialbus_6.7.2-2_unstable_gccexp.log.gz
The last lines of the build log are at the end of this report.

To build with GCC 15, either set CC=gcc-15 CXX=g++-15 explicitly,
or install the gcc, g++, gfortran, ... packages from experimental.

  apt-get -t=experimental install g++ 

GCC 15 now defaults to the C23/C++23 standards, exposing many FTBFS.
Other Common build failures are new warnings resulting in build failures
with -Werror turned on, or new/dropped symbols in Debian symbols files.
For other C/C++ related build failures see the porting guide at
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-15/porting_to.html

[...]
[36/113] : && /usr/bin/c++ -fPIC -g -O2 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/reproducible-path/qt6-serialbus-6.7.2=. -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now   -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,--version-script,/build/reproducible-path/qt6-serialbus-6.7.2/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/src/serialbus/SerialBus.version -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -shared -Wl,-soname,libQt6SerialBus.so.6 -o lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt6SerialBus.so.6.7.2 src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanbus.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanbusdevice.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanbusdeviceinfo.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanbusfactory.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanbusframe.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcancommondefinitions.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcandbcfileparser.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanframeprocessor.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanmessagedescription.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcansignaldescription.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanuniqueiddescription.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusclient.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusdataunit.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusdevice.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusdeviceidentification.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbuspdu.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusreply.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusserver.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbustcpclient.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbustcpserver.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusrtuserialclient.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusrtuserialserver.cpp.o  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt6Network.so.6.7.2  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt6SerialPort.so.6.7.2  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt6Core.so.6.7.2 && :
FAILED: lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt6SerialBus.so.6.7.2 
: && /usr/bin/c++ -fPIC -g -O2 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/reproducible-path/qt6-serialbus-6.7.2=. -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fstack-protector-strong -fstack-clash-protection -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fcf-protection -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now   -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,--version-script,/build/reproducible-path/qt6-serialbus-6.7.2/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/src/serialbus/SerialBus.version -Wl,--enable-new-dtags -shared -Wl,-soname,libQt6SerialBus.so.6 -o lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt6SerialBus.so.6.7.2 src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanbus.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanbusdevice.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanbusdeviceinfo.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanbusfactory.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanbusframe.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcancommondefinitions.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcandbcfileparser.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanframeprocessor.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanmessagedescription.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcansignaldescription.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanuniqueiddescription.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusclient.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusdataunit.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusdevice.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusdeviceidentification.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbuspdu.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusreply.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusserver.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbustcpclient.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbustcpserver.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusrtuserialclient.cpp.o src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusrtuserialserver.cpp.o  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt6Network.so.6.7.2  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt6SerialPort.so.6.7.2  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt6Core.so.6.7.2 && :
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanbus.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QCanBus::plugins() const':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanbusdevice.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QT_CANBUS()':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanbusdeviceinfo.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QCanBusDeviceInfo::channel() const':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanbusfactory.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QCanBusFactory::~QCanBusFactory()':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanbusframe.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `operator<<(QDataStream&, QCanBusFrame const&)':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcancommondefinitions.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QtCanBus::operator<<(QDebug, QtCanBus::UniqueId)':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcandbcfileparser.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QCanDbcFileParser::error() const':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanframeprocessor.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QCanFrameProcessor::error() const':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanmessagedescription.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QCanMessageDescription::uniqueId() const':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcansignaldescription.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QCanSignalDescription::isValid() const':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qcanuniqueiddescription.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QExplicitlySharedDataPointer<QCanUniqueIdDescriptionPrivate>::~QExplicitlySharedDataPointer()':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusclient.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QModbusClient::~QModbusClient()':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusdataunit.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusdevice.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QModbusDevice::QModbusDevice(QModbusDevicePrivate&, QObject*)':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusdeviceidentification.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QModbusDeviceIdentification::fromByteArray(QByteArray const&)':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbuspdu.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QModbusRequest::minimumDataSize(QModbusRequest const&)':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusreply.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QModbusReply::staticMetaObject':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusserver.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QModbusServer::~QModbusServer()':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbustcpclient.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QModbusTcpClient::close()':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbustcpserver.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QModbusTcpServer::installConnectionObserver(QModbusTcpConnectionObserver*)':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusrtuserialclient.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QModbusRtuSerialClient::qt_static_metacall(QObject*, QMetaObject::Call, int, void**)':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
/usr/bin/ld: src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/qmodbusrtuserialserver.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): in function `QModbusRtuSerialServer::processesBroadcast() const':
(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `QtPrivate::IsFloatType_v<_Float16>'; src/serialbus/CMakeFiles/SerialBus.dir/SerialBus_autogen/mocs_compilation.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.
dh_auto_build: error: cd obj-x86_64-linux-gnu && LC_ALL=C.UTF-8 ninja -j8 -v returned exit code 1
make: *** [debian/rules:13: binary] Error 25
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary subprocess returned exit status 2