Subject: Re: Bug#133607: xemacs21-mule: xemacs-mule segfaults because of "missing charsets"

From: James LewisMoss <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 10:37:43 -0500

>>>>> On Thu, 7 Mar 2002 17:12:44 +0200, Eeli Kaikkonen <[email-masked]> said:

 Eeli> On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, James LewisMoss wrote:
 >>
 >> Please keep me informed of anything you find out and if you don't
 >> mind I'm going to drop the severity to normal on the bug until
 >> that time.  Let me know.
 >>

 Eeli> I just re-installed X fonts. I found out that installing
 Eeli> xfonts-base-transcoded and xfonts-100dpi-transcoded resolved
 Eeli> the problem.

So you installed these packages new (rather than an update) and the
problem went away?

 Eeli> I have "fi_FI@euro ISO-8859-15" in my /etc/locale.gen. Maybe
 Eeli> that have something to do with the problem, because there is no
 Eeli> iso-8859-15 in ordinary xfonts packages? Probably this should
 Eeli> be reported somewhere, but I don't know where.

I'm not sure, but I'm forwarding this to the debian X mailing list
hoping someone there has some wisdom.

Jim

-- 
@James LewisMoss <[email-masked]>      |  Blessed Be!
@    http://jimdres.home.mindspring.com |  Linux is kewl!
@"Argue for your limitations and sure enough, they're yours." Bach