Subject: debconf: db_stop isn't enough to let apacheconfig run

From: [email-masked] (Mark W. Eichin)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 00:37:25 -0400 (EDT)

Package: debconf
Version: 1.0.32
Severity: normal

Still working on the twiki package.  The postinst uses sh, and does a
	. /usr/share/debconf/confmodule
at the top, so it get db_get a few things and set up config files
appropriately.  Then it does 
	db_stop
so that I can do some apache-related reconfiguration.  Since my package
requires a new apache module to be enabled (mod_actions, part of the
core but often not enabled) it has to do the DSO scan again:
	/usr/sbin/apacheconfig --force-modules
However, this prompts the user Y/n about updating the apache config
files.  since db_stop doesn't actually get rid of the frontend, file
descriptor 0 is still frontend, and so the read sits there and nothing
happens... 

I *think* I can move enough of the work up above the confmodule
startup, since it doesn't look like it strictly depends on the answers
to the debconf questions.  It is tricky enough that I'd rather not, if
I can avoid it; and suppose it isn't the case, there should be some
way around this.  (The debconf docs seem to indicate that db_stop
should suffice; suggestions for other ways of handling this are
welcome...)

-- System Information
Debian Release: 3.0
Kernel Version: Linux kuroneko.thok.org 2.4.18 #2 Thu Feb 28 18:28:34 EST 2002 i686 unknown

Versions of the packages debconf depends on:
ii  fileutils      4.1-10         GNU file management utilities
ii  perl-base      5.6.1-7        The Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister.