Subject: Re: Bug#164396: debconf: Debconf's frontend fail to detect finish of maintainer scripts on a perl 5.8.0 envirovment

From: Joey Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 14:54:59 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 12, 2002 at 01:54:19PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> 
> > Do these start daemons? 
> 
> They could restart the webserver throught the wwwconfig-common
> interface.

> I have isolate a little bit the problem. It seems to occur only when you
> ask debconf to restart the webserver (tested with apache). If you ask
> not to configure any webserver, it seems to die properly.
 
Then they probably need to tell debconf when to stop. I suppose I'll
merge this with #50595 and unmerge #164354 and reassign that back to
phpgroupware.

-- 
see shy jo

---

From: Hugo Espuny <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 21:01:09 +0200

Joey Hess wrote:

|
|Then they probably need to tell debconf when to stop. I suppose I'll
|merge this with #50595 and unmerge #164354 and reassign that back to
|phpgroupware.

OK.

I filled the bug against debconf because it seems to weird that this
behaviour just appears when upgraded to perl 5.8.0, but not when
installing on a machine with the previous version of perl.

If you feel that's the way, it's OK with me.

Regards.

Hugo Espuny

- --

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe, huh!
~  Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
~  I've watched C-beams glittering in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
~  All those moments will be lost in time, like tears ... in the rain.
~  Time to die."
~    -- Roy Batty, nexus 6 Tyrrel Corp. replicant, 2019 AC, L.A. --

pub  1024D/E8074ECF 2002-06-28 Hugo Espuny <[email-masked]>
~     Key fingerprint = D324 3DC4 1F2A 0936 DEB9  A4D9 D24A 8237 E807 4ECF
sub  2048g/5FE11467 2002-09-29