Subject: Re: Bug#450567: debbugs: Please obfuscate e-mail addresses in web interface

From: Don Armstrong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 12:12:35 -0800

reassign 450567 bugs.debian.org
forcemerge 63995 450567
thanks

On Thu, 08 Nov 2007, Andre Wendt wrote:
> I find this to be a major issue but filed it as wishlist nonetheless.
> Please consider obfuscating e-mail address in the web interface.

See the discussion in #63995 et al.

> One way to do this gracefully is described in
> <http://www.alistapart.com/articles/gracefulemailobfuscation>.

Unfortunatly, this is dependent on browsers which understand
javascript and assumes that spammers do not.

There exist many methods for dealing with the influx of spam in a
useful manner; many of them (spamassassin, crm114) are even
distributed in Debian.

Don Armstrong

-- 
An elephant: A mouse built to government specifications.
 -- Robert Heinlein _Time Enough For Love_ p244

http://www.donarmstrong.com              http://rzlab.ucr.edu