Subject: Re: Bug#218425: amavisd-new: SpamAssassin Report allways says "6.9 required" in Content Analysis Details

From: Mark Martinec <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 14:17:17 +0100

| >>>>> "Martin" == Martin List-Petersen <[email-masked]> writes:
| The SpamAssassin Report section in the mail sent to admin,
| when spam is detected allways says 6.9 for "required" at
| Content Analysis Details, regardless of what you set it to
| in the amavisd-new configuration files.
| 
| This is however only a cosmetic thing, since changing the
| value also changes the threshold and the headers applied
| to mails. Only the notify seems affected.

Right. It is a cosmetic issue, and I don't see a clean way
around it. The number in the report (macro %A) comes from the
SA config setting 'required_hits' which has no significance
when SA is called from amavisd-new.

The equivalent levels that do have effect on mail processing
with amavisd-new are tag/tag2/kill levels in amavisd.conf.

As the SA report is normally only seen by admininstrator
in the spam admin report, I don't think it is worth the effort
to automatically edit the report.

  Mark