Subject: Bug#228693: xawtv: Make channel window again full size

From: Helge Kreutzmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:35:03 +0100

Package: xawtv
Version: 3.90
Severity: wishlist

After upgrading xawtv,  pressing "c" in the options menu, just gives a
channel window with few entrys (though of course, I can scroll to the
other entries). I can, of course, extend the window to the full size of
the screen (so it reaches from top to almost bottom of the screen).
Before the upgrade the channels window always filled the full screen.

It would be great if that behaviour could be reverted to the old
behaviour of if it could be made configurable. Best thing would be to
save the last position (like the user created/extended it) and to
simply restore it at next start. This is already done internally, i.e.
if I close it and reopen it, it kept the size.

-- System Information
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Architecture: alpha
Kernel: Linux sixtyfor 2.4.21-pre1 #1 Don Okt 2 18:27:25 CEST 2003 alpha
Locale: LANG=de_DE@euro, LC_CTYPE=de_DE@euro

Versions of packages xawtv depends on:
ii  debconf                   1.2.35         Debian configuration management sy
ii  libasound2                0.9.8-2        Advanced Linux Sound Architecture 
ii  libc6.1                   2.3.2.ds1-10   GNU C Library: Shared libraries an
ii  libfontconfig1            2.2.1-13       generic font configuration library
ii  libfreetype6              2.1.7-1.1      FreeType 2 font engine, shared lib
ii  libjpeg62                 6b-5           The Independent JPEG Group's JPEG 
ii  liblircclient0            0.6.5-1        LIRC client library
ii  libncurses5               5.3.20030719-4 Shared libraries for terminal hand
ii  libpng12-0                1.2.5.0-4      PNG library - runtime
ii  libxaw7                   4.2.1-12.1     X Athena widget set library
ii  libxft2                   2.1.2-5        FreeType-based font drawing librar
ii  libxrender1               0.8.3-5        X Rendering Extension client libra
ii  libzvbi0                  0.2.5-1        Video Blank Interval decoder - run
ii  pia                       3.90           movie player
ii  scantv                    3.90           scan TV channels for stations
ii  v4l-conf                  3.72           tool to configure video4linux driv
ii  xawtv-plugins             3.90           plugins for xawtv and motv
ii  xlibmesa3-gl              4.2.1-12.1     Mesa 3D graphics library [XFree86]
ii  xlibmesa3-gl [libgl1]     4.2.1-12.1     Mesa 3D graphics library [XFree86]
ii  xlibs                     4.2.1-12.1     X Window System client libraries
ii  xutils                    4.2.1-3        X Window System utility programs
ii  zlib1g                    1:1.2.1-3      compression library - runtime
-- 
Helge Kreutzmann, Dipl.-Phys.               [email-masked]
  gpg signed mail preferred    gpg-key: finger [email-masked]
    64bit GNU powered                  http://www.itp.uni-hannover.de/~kreutzm
       Help keep free software "libre": http://www.freepatents.org/