Subject: Re: xfree86-common: Should include /etc/X11/Xreset{.d}

From: Petter Reinholdtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:17:09 +0100

reopen 230422
thanks

[Brice Goglin]
> About 3 years ago, you reported a bug to the Debian BTS regarding
> the missing /etc/X11/Xreset{,.d}.  Does this problem still matter
> today? If not, I will close this bug in the next weeks.

Yes, it does.  We would for example like to kill processes, remove
temp files or similar, and it would be a lot easier if some Xreset.d/
like mechanism is available.

For example, we would like to supply a script in the debian-edu-config
package to clean up commonly left behind processes when a user log
out, and get it enabled without having to edit any file, especially a
file in another package.

> Closing this bug since I didn't get any reply from the submitter
> after my ping a month ago. If anybody ever reproduces this problem,
> feel free to reopen.

Sorry for missing the ping.

Friendly,
-- 
Petter Reinholdtsen

---

From: Brice Goglin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:55:58 +0100

reassign 230422 x11-common
thank you

> out, and get it enabled without having to edit any file, especially a

Ok, thanks. Reassigning to x11-common since xfree86-common does not
exist anymore.

> Sorry for missing the ping.

Better late than never :)

Brice