Subject: new svnserve init.d script

From: Liu Yubao <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 05:33:14 +0800

Hi,

Share my svnserve init.d script.

First, I use user "svn" and group "svn" for svnserve:

[ "`getent group svn`" ] || addgroup --system svn

[ "`getent passwd svn`" ] || adduser --system --home /srv/svn \
    --shell /bin/false --ingroup svn --disabled-password \
    --disabled-login --gecos "svnserver server account" svn

Some file paths embedded in /etc/init.d/svnserve and can be adjusted in
/etc/default/svnserve:
repository root: /srv/svn
pid file:  /var/run/svnserve.pid
log file: /var/log/svnserve.log
config file: /srv/svn/svnserve.conf  (I used --config-file option
because I wouldn't like to manage */conf/svnserve.conf)

Files attached, hope that's useful for somebody:-)
/etc/init.d/svnserve
/etc/default/svnserve
/etc/logrotate.d/svnserve

The  /etc/init.d/svnserve is modified from /etc/init.d/skeleton.

Regards,
Yubao Liu