Subject: wwwconfig-common getwwwconfig handling

From: Alexander List <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:22:42 +0100 (CET)

Package: wwwconfig-common
Version: 0.0.19

After a horde/imp upgrade, I got error messages like this one, upgrading
fails when setting permissions:

chown: getting attributes of `ftp.www-data': No such file or directory
chown: getting attributes of `staff': No such file or directory

I found that horde/imp are using wwwconfig-common, which uses getwwwconfig
to find out the user that Apache runs as.

apache-run.get:    getwwwoption User /etc/$server/httpd.conf
apache-run.get:    webuser=$getwwwoption

ns2:/usr/share/wwwconfig-common# grep User /etc/apache/httpd.conf
User www-data
[...]
User ftp

server:/usr/share/wwwconfig-common# grep Group /etc/apache/httpd.conf

Group www-data
[...]
Group staff

Interesting thing is that we have multiple User / Group directives in the
config file - which one is getwwwconfig supposed to find?

ii  wwwconfig-common                0.0.19                          Debian web auto configuration.
ii  horde                           1.2.6-4                         Core elements for the Horde Web Application Suite
iF  imp                             2.2.6-5.2                       Web Based IMAP Mail Program.

-- 
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
		--Benjamin Franklin, 1759