Subject: Bug#268485: The courier patch changes amavisd.conf, but debian/etc/amavisd-conf is used for the package

From: Frederik Dannemare <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 02:50:16 +0200

Package: amavisd-new

Hi,

The courier patch applies to amavisd.conf in the top dir of the package 
sources. However, these changes to amavisd.conf doesn't get into a 
rebuilt package, since you use debian/etc/amavisd.conf (in 
debian/rules) for the package. This honestly confused me for some time, 
since I couldn't find the new courier config lines in amavisd-conf in 
my rebuilt package.

Also, I was thinking: Could I not just apply the courier patch in the 
source package dir, and then simply copy the newly patched amavisd 
(renamed to amavisd-new) and amavisd.conf to my original/unpatched 
amavisd-new installation? Or have I overlooked something?

Final question: Any reason why the courier patch is not applied by 
default? Does it break anything?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
- -- 
Frederik Dannemare | mailto:[email-masked]
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=Frederik+Dannemare
http://frederik.dannemare.net | http://www.linuxworlddomination.dk
Key fingerprint: BB7B 078A 0DBF 7663 180A  F84A 2D25 FAD5 9C4E B5A8