Subject: postfix: [manual page] postconf.5 improve description of 'defer_transports'

From: Jari Aalto <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 19:25:33 +0300

Package: postfix
Severity: minor

Current description:

    defer_transports (default: empty)

	The names of message delivery transports that should not be
	delivered to unless someone issues "sendmail -q" or
	equivalent. Specify zero or more names of mail delivery
	transports names that appear in the first field of master.cf.

	Example:

        defer_transports = smtp

Suggested improvement:

    defer_transports (default: empty)

        The names of message delivery transports that should not be
        delivered to unless someone issues "sendmail -q" or
        equivalent. Specify zero or more names of mail delivery
        transports names that appear in the first field of master.cf.

+	The defer_transports parameter allows you to specify what mail should
+	always be deferred until Postfix is explicitly asked to deliver.A
+	small site that is on-line only part of the time, and that wants to
+	defer all deliveries until the command sendmail -q is executed (e.g.,
+	from a PPP dialout script)

        Example:

        defer_transports = smtp

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 3.1
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Kernel: Linux 2.4.26-1-386
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C (ignored: LC_ALL set to en_US)