Subject: debarchiver: please provide filtering hook

From: Geoff Crompton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:52:03 +1100

Package: debarchiver
Version: 0.1.8
Severity: wishlist

It would be great if there was a way to specify a script in the config
file that is called to vet whether the package should be accepted into
the archive or not. In my case, I'd like to be able to deny uploads to
my sarge archive if the incoming package is already in the sarge archive
(or if it is a higher version number).

I guess one way of doing this would be to have uploads go into a
directory that debarchiver doesn't watch, and have the administrator
move the upload across if they are satisfied. Do you know of tools to
make this easily automated?

I know some perl, so if you can suggest what a good approach might be, I
could do some hacking/testing.

Thanks!
Geoff

---

From: Ola Lundqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:35:04 +0100

Hello

> (or if it is a higher version number).

I think there are wishlist bugs about this (version check) already. Not about
this plugin-like function though.

> could do some hacking/testing.

If you look in the code there are two functions you could add the hooks
too:
 * handleDebOnlyFile
   Handle the case when installing a single .deb file (like a kernel)
 * handleChangesFile
   Handle the case when installing a .changes file and all the
   files it point to.

You could add the hooks to these two functions in order to make what
you want.

But I assume you just want to add this kind of checking to the case
when .changes files are used for sorting and that is easier.
There is a function called verifyChangesFile that is used for this kind
of verification. Currently I think it is only used for signature
verfication.

So I really suggest adding these hooks to verifyChangesFile (and then
as an addition to handleDebOnlyFile). These functions have been changed
quite recently so I suggest that you use the source from sid or
my SVN repository (https://svn.opal.dhs.org/fsp/trunk/debarchiver)
when starting to adding hooks.

Regards,

// Ola

-- 
 --------------------- Ola Lundqvist ---------------------------
/  [email-masked]                     Annebergsslingan 37      \
|  [email-masked]                 654 65 KARLSTAD          |
|  +46 (0)54-10 14 30                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |
\  gpg/f.p.: 7090 A92B 18FE 7994 0C36  4FE4 18A1 B1CF 0FE5 3DD9 /
 ---------------------------------------------------------------