Subject: Bug#37078: procmail for bugsubscriptions

From: Justin Pryzby <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 11:47:54 -0500

I'm using the included procmail file for subscribing myself to all
bugs for which I am the submitter, or on which I have commented.

I see 4 problems:

  It is implemented on the clientside, and it would IMHO be better if
  debbugs implemented it (but that is known:).  

  It doesn't track control bot messages.  So if I tag a bug, but don't
  otherwise comment on it, I won't get subscribed.  I want to be able
  to do so.

  It doesn't subscribe me to bugs that I've commented on in the past.
  This could be solved by a solution to #293166: bug.debian.org:
  "Provide list of bugs on which I have commented".

  It might subscribe me multiple times.  I don't know if the BTS
  handles this gracefully.  In the worst case, I will get subscribed
  to a bug for each time I comment on it.  In the best case, the BTS
  will ignore the initial "subscribe" message from addresses which are
  already subscribed (or, in the case of an
  subscribe-this-*other*-address command, that the other address is
  subscribed), and this will reduce mail traffic.  This can probably
  be fixed by adding an 'grep -w $MATCH &&' before sending the
  messages.

-- 
Clear skies,
Justin