Subject: Bug#37078: Control system should notify original submitter

From: Brock Rozen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 16:04:29 +0300 (IDT)

Package: bugs.debian.org
Severity: Wishlist

Messages sent to [email-masked] that modify the bug report
(either close, change severity, package, etc) should be CC'd (the results,
I guess) to the submitter so that he can keep track of his bug and if
somebody changes something on it.

-- 
Brock Rozen                                              [email-masked]
Director of Technical Services                             (410) 602-1350
Project Genesis                                     http://www.torah.org/

---

From: Jameson Graef Rollins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2019 14:10:03 -0800

I would like to revive this issue.  I feel strongly that submitters
should automatically be subscribed to their reports.  It is often very
important that users see responses to their reports, and they shouldn't
have to go through extra steps to get the updates.  Furthermore, I see
no value in allowing users to be able to "fire and forget" bug reports.

I have never not wanted to be subscribed to a report that I create, and
I can't ever imagine that I would.  If I really didn't want to receive
updates then I would be fine having to take an extra step to
unsubscribe.

jamie.