Subject: Bug#37078: suggested implementation

From: Justin Pryzby <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:02:39 -0500

I suggest the following web or email based implementation.

Submitters are subscribed to their new bugs if they so choose; there
should be an 'subscribe-newbugs' request bot command.

Bug triagers are subscribed to bugs on which they comment if they so
choose; there should be an 'subscribe-bugshelp' request bot command.

I make no claim as to whether the default should be for either
submitters triagers to be subscribed; it doesn't seem to make much of
a difference.  Once this is implemented, if the default is not for
subscription, then everyone who cares will immediately `echo
subscribe-newbugs |mail [email-masked]`.  If it is the
default, anyone who cares to not receive mails can `echo
nosubscribe-newbugs |mail [email-masked]`.

Same thing for [no]subscribe-bugshelp.  Of course, if the default is
for subscription for "bugshelp", then so should be the default for
submission, and if the default is for no subscription on submission,
then so should be the default for "bugshelp".

There should also be an "mybugshelp" request bot command, which
returns a list of all bugs on which the submitter has commented.

And an "subscribe-allmysubmissions" request command, which subscribes
to all bugs from a given submitter, and an "subscribe-allmyhelp" which
subscribes to all bugs on which someone has commented.  Of course
there needs to be unsubscribe, also, and confirmation emails.

-- 
Clear skies,
Justin