Subject: duplicate copy of agg shipped and used

From: Matthias Klose <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 20:48:06 +0200

Package: matplotlib
Version: 0.86.2-6

matplotlib ships a copy of agg, but should use the debian version of
agg.

---

From: "Sandro Tosi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 01:19:34 +0200

Since it's not already present a shared lib for agg in Debian (see
#377270), we cannot link against it and stop using the bundled agg
library.

I'm attaching here a simple patch to force the use of libagg-dev
headers files (it might be useful in the future).

Kindly,
-- 
Sandro Tosi (aka morph, Morpheus, matrixhasu)
My website: http://matrixhasu.altervista.org/
Me at Debian: http://wiki.debian.org/SandroTosi
Index: matplotlib-0.98.3/setupext.py
===================================================================
--- matplotlib-0.98.3.orig/setupext.py	2008-08-22 00:12:08.622829529 +0200
+++ matplotlib-0.98.3/setupext.py	2008-08-22 00:12:20.759521159 +0200
@@ -585,7 +585,7 @@
     # before adding the freetype flags since -z comes later
     add_base_flags(module)
     add_numpy_flags(module)
-    module.include_dirs.extend(['src', '%s/include'%AGG_VERSION, '.'])
+    module.include_dirs.extend(['src', '/usr/include/agg2/', '.'])
 
     # put these later for correct link order
     module.libraries.extend(std_libs)