Subject: amavisd-new: current amavis p0f code does not properly write OS fingerprinting headers

From: Paul Traina <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 00:56:20 -0700

Package: amavisd-new
Version: 1:2.4.2-1
Severity: normal

The p0f fingerprinting code in amavis currently writes its headers when
passing information down to SpamAssassin, but doesn't write the headers
into the actual message stream, so we don't record OS types for posterity
later (or for the quarantine messages).

-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (650, 'testing'), (600, 'unstable')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Shell:  /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.16-2-686-smp
Locale: LANG=en_US, LC_CTYPE=en_US (charmap=ISO-8859-1)

Versions of packages amavisd-new depends on:
ii  adduser                       3.97       Add and remove users and groups
ii  debconf [debconf-2.0]         1.5.3      Debian configuration management sy
ii  file                          4.17-3     Determines file type using "magic"
ii  libarchive-tar-perl           1.30-1     Archive::Tar - manipulate tar file
ii  libarchive-zip-perl           1.16-1     Module for manipulation of ZIP arc
ii  libberkeleydb-perl            0.29-1     use Berkeley DB 4 databases from P
ii  libcompress-zlib-perl         1.42-1     Perl module for creation and manip
ii  libconvert-tnef-perl          0.17-5     Perl module to read TNEF files
ii  libconvert-uulib-perl         1.06-1     Perl interface to the uulib librar
pn  libdigest-md5-perl            <none>     (no description available)
ii  libio-stringy-perl            2.110-1    Perl5 modules for IO from scalars 
ii  libmailtools-perl             1.74-0.1   Manipulate email in perl programs
pn  libmime-base64-perl           <none>     (no description available)
ii  libmime-perl                  5.420-0.1  Perl5 modules for MIME-compliant m
ii  libnet-perl                   1:1.19-3   Implementation of Internet protoco
ii  libnet-server-perl            0.90-1     An extensible, general perl server
ii  libunix-syslog-perl           0.100-5    Perl interface to the UNIX syslog(
ii  perl [libtime-hires-perl]     5.8.8-6.1  Larry Wall's Practical Extraction 
ii  perl-modules [libnet-perl]    5.8.8-6.1  Core Perl modules

amavisd-new recommends no packages.

-- debconf information excluded