Subject: fix_url ignores DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN in mm_cfg.py. need to edit Defaults.py instead.

From: Craig Sanders <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 19:36:58 +1000

Package: mailman
Version: 1:2.1.9-7

according to the mailman FAQ[1], the way to convert a list to use https (ssl)
URLs rather than plain http URLs, is to edit mm_cfg.py, change
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN, and run 'withlist -l -a -r fix_url'.

i tried that numerous times last night, with no effect. it simply does
not work.

i ended up discovering that to do this, you actually have to edit
/usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py and change DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN to
something like this:

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/cgi-bin/mailman/'

and then run 'withlist -l -a -r fix_url'.

this needs to be either fixed, or at least documented in README.Debian.

preferably fixed, otherwise i'll have to manually edit Default.py after every
upgrade.

[1] http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.027.htp

craig

-- 
craig sanders <[email-masked]>