Subject: Re: Bug#426283: prosper: 'p' as om 'page' is not translated

From: Hilmar Preuße <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2019 00:18:00 +0200

tags 426283 + wontfix
stop

On 27.05.07 19:08, Vincent Lönngren wrote:

Hi,

> In the lower right corner, 'p. X' is displayed where X is the number
> of the current page. 'p' isn't translated even when babel is loaded
> with a language other than English.
> 
According to [1] The current maintainer of this package is Frederic
Goualard. In his web page [2] I find the statement:

Since 1996, I have developed many LaTeX packages, mostly used only
locally at the labs I was employed at the time. For my PhD defense in
2000, I developed Prosper, a package to write more beautiful LaTeX
slides in a simpler way than what was available at the time. Somehow, it
filled a need and caught on. However, Prosper heavily relies on Adobe
Postscript, and cannot be used when producing Adobe PDF files directly
from the LaTeX source, as would be done by a tool such as pdflatex. With
more modern contenders around, I decided in 2009 to stop supporting it.
If you are now making the move to LaTeX slide design, please consider
packages like Powerdot (self-advertised as ``based on Prosper'') or
Beamer (my favorite, and the one I myself use now) instead.

So we won't get a bug fix for it. Tagging it wontfix for now.

H.

[1] https://ctan.org/pkg/prosper?lang=de
[2] http://frederic.goualard.net/
-- 
sigfault
#206401 http://counter.li.org