Subject: /etc/init.d/drbd use only drbd module driver

From: Fabien Foglia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 12:30:07 +0200

Package: drbd8-utils
Version: 2:8.0.4-1~bpo.1
Severity: minor

drbd init script try to unload drbd module when invoked with stop option.
drbd can be compiled in the kernel with "make  
KDIR=/usr/src/linux-2.6.x kernel-patch" (this information is present  
in the INSTALL file of drbd-8.0.6.tar.gz, it's not a hack).
Also drbd driver can be present but not only in module, stop action  
produce an error message:

   box1:~# /etc/init.d/drbd stop
   Stopping all DRBD resourcesERROR: Module drbd does not exist in  
/proc/modules.
   box1:~#

kernel 2.6.19.7-grsec-drbd
libc6 2.3.6.ds1-13etch2

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.