Subject: Bug#450941: texlive-fonts-extra: cannot use mathtime/belleek

From: Paul van Tilburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 15:20:16 +0100

Package: texlive-fonts-extra
Version: 2007.dfsg.1-1
Severity: normal

Hello all,

I want to use some poster templates and beamer themes that employ the
"mathtime" font (\usepackage{mathtime}).  As I understood it, this
font/package became defunct in teTeX and was replaced by the free
replacement "belleek". 
So, I installed texlive-fonts-extra, but can't get it to work, since there
is no mathtime.sty nor belleek.sty.  Is it missing?

Kind regards,
Paul

##################################
minimal input file:

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{mathtime}

\begin{document}

This should be in mathtime: $\sum_{i = 0}^{n} n + n^2$

\end{document}

######################################
 List of ls-R files

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 864 Nov  7 17:12 /var/lib/texmf/ls-R
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root staff 3482 Nov  7 17:02 /usr/local/share/texmf/ls-R
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 29 Aug  2 15:44 /usr/share/texmf/ls-R -> /var/lib/texmf/ls-R-TEXMFMAIN
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Nov  5 10:15 /usr/share/texmf-texlive/ls-R -> /var/lib/texmf/ls-R-TEXLIVE
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 27 Nov  5 10:15 /usr/share/texmf-texlive/ls-R -> /var/lib/texmf/ls-R-TEXLIVE
######################################
 Config files
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 20 Aug  2 15:44 /usr/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf -> /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4677 Nov  7 17:12 /var/lib/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 9643 Nov  7 17:12 /var/lib/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 4730 Nov  7 17:12 /var/lib/texmf/tex/generic/config/language.dat
######################################
 Files in /etc/texmf/web2c/
total 4
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 283 Jun 20 17:33 mktex.cnf
######################################
 md5sums of texmf.d
a58bdc99b443695b00c7573371f51b7f  /etc/texmf/texmf.d/05TeXMF.cnf
5f7f6652cc8b8071c9e4ea6ba9e9f0a1  /etc/texmf/texmf.d/15Plain.cnf
8a26468004b5ebc7ae9884740356c1d0  /etc/texmf/texmf.d/45TeXinputs.cnf
ea33127256c6a9f37145ae5b16fdb80c  /etc/texmf/texmf.d/55Fonts.cnf
afccf1d3f87057411166a77c58e00bd1  /etc/texmf/texmf.d/65BibTeX.cnf
9da7c1c7b1eaf06f941af91f48a23068  /etc/texmf/texmf.d/75DviPS.cnf
7ae52efac46feb97010986e57877d12e  /etc/texmf/texmf.d/80DVIPDFMx.cnf
e36faa13563bdb46303b91ab3f6ea638  /etc/texmf/texmf.d/85Misc.cnf
7e8f87acdeba48edac16d851c77b9e75  /etc/texmf/texmf.d/90TeXDoc.cnf
30f4f13357c2761ed01a6a15f28725a5  /etc/texmf/texmf.d/95NonPath.cnf

-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable'), (500, 'testing'), (102, 'experimental')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.22-2-amd64 (SMP w/2 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=nl_NL.UTF8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash

Versions of packages texlive-fonts-extra depends on:
ii  texlive-base                  2007-13    TeX Live: Essential programs and f
ii  texlive-common                2007-13    TeX Live: Base component

Versions of packages texlive-fonts-extra recommends:
ii  texlive-fonts-extra-doc    2007.dfsg.1-1 TeX Live: Documentation files for 
pn  texpower                   <none>        (no description available)

Versions of packages tex-common depends on:
ii  debconf                       1.5.16     Debian configuration management sy
ii  ucf                           3.003      Update Configuration File: preserv

Versions of packages texlive-fonts-extra is related to:
pn  tetex-base                    <none>     (no description available)
ii  tetex-bin                     2007-13    TeX Live: teTeX transitional packa
pn  tetex-extra                   <none>     (no description available)
ii  tex-common                    1.9        Common infrastructure for using an

-- debconf information excluded