Subject: vbrfix: please add an -interactive switch that asks before overwriting files

From: Gerfried Fuchs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:06:42 +0100

Package: vbrfix
Version: 0.24-1
Severity: wishlist

        Hi!

 It would be nice if you could forward this to upstream, it's not a bug
with the Debian packaging but I guess you to be in contact with them. :)

 vbrfix should have an -interactive switch like mv or cp has that asks
before overwriting any files. That would be pretty helpful, if you ask
me.

 So long, and thanks for the tool. :)
Rhonda

-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: powerpc (ppc)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.22-3-powerpc
Locale: LANG=de_AT.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=de_AT.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash

Versions of packages vbrfix depends on:
ii  libc6                         2.7-5      GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libgcc1                       1:4.2.2-4  GCC support library
ii  libstdc++6                    4.2.2-4    The GNU Standard C++ Library v3

vbrfix recommends no packages.

-- no debconf information

---

From: Rogério Brito <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 05:59:26 -0300

Hi, Rhonda.

> with the Debian packaging but I guess you to be in contact with them.

I will be packaging a new upstream version of vbrfix and uploading it to
experimental. Could you test it to see if it works well in big-endian
machines?

> before overwriting any files. That would be pretty helpful, if you ask

Ok, I will see what I can do and suggest this to upstream. If he can not
implement it, then I will do it myself, now that I've gained contact
with him once again.

Also, extending your idea, two other switches would be interesting to
have, for scriptability:

force: force overwriting files that already exist
skip: don't overwrite files that already exist

Nice idea. Thanks.

Regards,

-- 
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{mackenzie,ime.usp}.br : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8
http://www.ime.usp.br/~rbrito : http://meusite.mackenzie.com.br/rbrito
Projects: algorithms.berlios.de : lame.sf.net : vrms.alioth.debian.org