Subject: Maybe fixable with apr 1.7

From: Stefan Fritsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 11:20:44 +0200

According to the changelog, apr 1.7 adds all the --tag parameters to the
libtool invocations. Maybe this allows this to be fixed. But I won't
change that in the -1 upload because I want the python builddep fix to
make it to testing without problems.

---

From: Stefan Fritsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 12:13:38 +0100

notforwarded 489625
thanks

Am 29.08.20 um 11:20 schrieb Stefan Fritsch:
> libtool invocations. Maybe this allows this to be fixed. 

This is not enough. There are many projects that use apr that don't pass 
the --tag parameter to libtool. Those would have to be changed, too. 
Examples for such projects are apr-util and Apache httpd. And it is not 
enough to patch those projects in Debian, they have to be fixed upstream 
beacaue we want for example the upstream Apache httpd to be buildable 
with Debian's libapr.

So, unless the debian libtool fixes #758317 and works without --tag, 
this bug won't be fixed.