Subject: Bug#491456: unoconv and X

From: Vincent Bernat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 18:38:13 +0100

OoO Lors  de la soirée naissante  du mercredi 11 mars  2009, vers 17:53,
Paul Gevers <[email-masked]> disait :

> Well, I am trying to use unoconv in a debian package during build time,
> but I can't get that to work. So it seams to me this is still an issue
> with OOo 3. See below:

> build depend on unoconv (should pull in the necessary packages):
> in rules file:
> /usr/bin/unoconv -d odt -f pdf --stdout WinFF.odt > winff.pdf
> gets me:

> Error: Unable to connect or start own listener. Aborting.(pbuild27653)
> etna winff-0.45.1 #

Startening  a  listener is  still  a  bit  flaky. Sometimes,  it  works,
sometimes it  doesn't. Once  the listener is  started, this  should work
fine. Because of this uncertainity,  I would not recommend using unoconv
as part of building a package.

unoconv works fine to convert  a batch of documents using something like
"for x in *.doc;  do unoconv ... ; done" but I think  it is not ready to
run unattended.

> make: *** [build-stamp] Error 251
> dpkg-buildpackage: failure: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
> pbuilder: Failed autobuilding of package
> javaldx: Could not find a Java Runtime Environment!
> I18N: Operating system doesn't support locale "en_US"
> /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin X11 error: Can't open display: :0
>    Set DISPLAY environment variable, use -display option
>    or check permissions of your X-Server
>    (See "man X" resp. "man xhost" for details)

Well, it  seems that OpenOffice still  needs X. Maybe  for fonts related
things.
-- 
RH: Ca se deinstalle comment, un slack ?
NB: Avec un demonte-pneu ?
-+- NB in Guide du Fmblien Assassin : "demolition man" -+-