Subject: Re: Bug#491456: unoconv: UnoException during conversion: URL seems to be an unsupported one.

From: Vincent Bernat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 20:55:38 +0200

OoO  En cette nuit  nuageuse du  mercredi 23  juillet 2008,  vers 00:23,
[email-masked] disait :

>> > $ unoconv -v -f odt philippe_bourcier.rtf
>> > Input file: philippe_bourcier.rtf
>> > file:///home/philippe/data/cv/philippe_bourcier.rtf
>> > unoconv:  UnoException   during  conversion:   URL  seems  to   be  an
>> > unsupported one.
>> 
>> Do you have  openoffice.org-writer installed?

> $ aptitude search openoffice.org-writer
> i openoffice.org-writer - OpenOffice.org office suite - word processor
> i openoffice.org-writer2latex - Writer/Calc to LaTeX/XHTML converter extension
> for OpenOffice.org

I noticed that you have previously tried  on a pdf instead of a doc. May
you try this one:
 http://dag.wieers.com/cv/curriculum-vitae-dag-wieers.doc

I think  that the "URL unsupported"  is a generic exception  to say that
there  is no  filter to  open the  document. I  get it  if I  don't have
-writer installed but maybe there are other conditions.

Might you also try by moving out your .openoffice and .openoffice.org2?

Thanks.
-- 
I WILL NOT FAKE SEIZURES
I WILL NOT FAKE SEIZURES
I WILL NOT FAKE SEIZURES
-+- Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 8F23