Subject: Bug#491456: unoconv and X

From: Vincent Bernat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 22:33:54 +0100

OoO En ce début de soirée du lundi 09 mars 2009, vers 21:23, Paul Gevers
<[email-masked]> disait :

> Do I understand correctly that unoconv can not be used in a term only
> system? From the man page:

> BUGS
>  unoconv uses the UNO bindings to connect to OpenOffice, in absence of a
>  usable socket, it will start its own OpenOffice instance with the
>  correct parameters. However, OpenOffice requires a working DISPLAY
>  (even with -headless option) and therefor you cannot run it in a true
>  console, you need X.

> I think that that might be the reason of this bug. Does
> openoffice.org-headless have an appropriate bug listed somewhere?

Well. This remark  was true with OpenOffice.org 2 but  may be false with
OpenOffice.org 3. This should be tested.
-- 
panic("mother...");
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/drivers/block/cpqarray.c