Subject: xscreensaver: new login button exists

From: Mark Eichin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 10:57:33 -0400

Package: xscreensaver
Version: 5.05-3
Severity: wishlist

I couldn't find anything in the man page (and haven't dug in to the
code yet) but I use xscreensaver to lock my laptop screen, and a "new
login" button is something I don't want to have.  (This is distinct
from debbugs#304406 which suggests that it won't work anyway - I'm
looking for a configuration option, though I'd be happy to lose it
altogether too.)

-- System Information:
Debian Release: lenny/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (500, 'testing'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: i386 (i686)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.25-2-686 (SMP w/1 CPU core)
Locale: LANG=C, LC_CTYPE=C (charmap=ANSI_X3.4-1968)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash

Versions of packages xscreensaver depends on:
ii  libatk1.0-0                1.22.0-1      The ATK accessibility toolkit
ii  libc6                      2.7-13        GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libcairo2                  1.6.4-6       The Cairo 2D vector graphics libra
ii  libglade2-0                1:2.6.2-1     library to load .glade files at ru
ii  libglib2.0-0               2.16.5-1      The GLib library of C routines
ii  libgtk2.0-0                2.12.11-3     The GTK+ graphical user interface 
ii  libice6                    2:1.0.4-1     X11 Inter-Client Exchange library
ii  libpam0g                   1.0.1-4       Pluggable Authentication Modules l
ii  libpango1.0-0              1.20.5-2      Layout and rendering of internatio
ii  libsm6                     2:1.0.3-2     X11 Session Management library
ii  libx11-6                   2:1.1.4-2     X11 client-side library
ii  libxext6                   2:1.0.4-1     X11 miscellaneous extension librar
ii  libxinerama1               2:1.0.3-2     X11 Xinerama extension library
ii  libxml2                    2.6.32.dfsg-3 GNOME XML library
ii  libxmu6                    2:1.0.4-1     X11 miscellaneous utility library
ii  libxpm4                    1:3.5.7-1     X11 pixmap library
ii  libxrandr2                 2:1.2.3-1     X11 RandR extension library
ii  libxrender1                1:0.9.4-2     X Rendering Extension client libra
ii  libxt6                     1:1.0.5-3     X11 toolkit intrinsics library
ii  libxxf86misc1              1:1.0.1-3     X11 XFree86 miscellaneous extensio
ii  libxxf86vm1                1:1.0.2-1     X11 XFree86 video mode extension l
ii  xscreensaver-data          5.05-3        data files to be shared among scre

Versions of packages xscreensaver recommends:
ii  libjpeg-progs          6b-14             Programs for manipulating JPEG fil
ii  perl [perl5]           5.10.0-13         Larry Wall's Practical Extraction 
ii  wamerican [wordlist]   6-2.3             American English dictionary words 
ii  xli                    1.17.0+20061110-2 command line tool for viewing imag

Versions of packages xscreensaver suggests:
ii  conkeror [www-browser]   0.9~git080629-1 keyboard focused web browser with 
pn  fortune                  <none>          (no description available)
ii  iceweasel [www-browser]  3.0.1-1         lightweight web browser based on M
ii  lynx-cur [www-browser]   2.8.7dev9-2     Text-mode WWW Browser with NLS sup
pn  qcam | streamer          <none>          (no description available)
ii  w3m [www-browser]        0.5.2-2+b1      WWW browsable pager with excellent
pn  xdaliclock               <none>          (no description available)
pn  xfishtank                <none>          (no description available)
pn  xscreensaver-gl          <none>          (no description available)

-- no debconf information