Subject: Bug#511484: rhythmbox: Can't copy flac with 24bit/96kHz to player

From: althaser <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 15:52:06 +0000

Hey Jö,

Could you please still reproduce this issue with newer rhythmbox
version 2.97-2.1 or 3.0.1-1+b1 ?

If you can share a link with flac file as Oren asked would be nice.

thanks
regards
althaser

---

From: Jö Fahlke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 18:53:34 +0100

> If you can share a link with flac file as Oren asked would be nice.

Sorry, Oren, I must have somehow missed your original request.

I tried reproducing this, but unfortunately I cannot find that MP3-player
anymore (I moved 2-3 times since my initial report).  Is there a way fake an
MP3-player for rhythmbox so rhythmbox will copy files onto it?

The files are the high-quality flacs of Nine Inch Nail's album "The Slip",
they can be downloaded for free from their official site at
<http://dl.nin.com/theslip/signup>.  I'm listing their sha1sums below so you
can make sure you really have the same files as I.

Regards,
Jö.

e664b0397b6e5892cabd2891d3626f6e02256fde  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/08 Corona Radiata.flac
bc3c6d05f078815a9c6a9bf8881f70d316e247c4  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/09 The Four of Us are Dying.flac
2141106cc74c5b26ec1fdbe2bb04b43ece507ca9  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/02 1,000,000.flac
46aa6ad510bbba6a6e5536f54bc10ac644ac705e  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/04 Discipline.flac
5278defc37660017e4345d7d78f335d3a47c976a  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/The Slip art/10-Demon Seed.jpg
ebe4c7656041c393058f8a9d184277d900b1f2b5  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/The Slip art/The Slip-Cover.jpg
2c209a060349d51b12f921b7a5437b23293f26c1  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/The Slip art/07-Light in the Sky.jpg
bbf0f590cca32c86977d0191253c7ff269f2df7b  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/The Slip art/04-Discipline.jpg
9e45cb3ebff93b3055d401f9db853c1786517bb0  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/The Slip art/02-1000000.jpg
b47dbac75e200dc9419f5215f19727554ba5d69c  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/The Slip art/08-Corona Radiata.jpg
2b969d0b7612ffc7b3baa1f2a06fc8a4e224ecf5  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/The Slip art/09-The Four of Us are Dying.jpg
8e8289999225fa4e1aa7881de28ccbb8e1f5100e  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/The Slip art/05-Echoplex.jpg
9544eaef0b524713c0f29bd08935bb238febf6cd  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/The Slip art/03-Letting You.jpg
68b1d84f5c381bb92e8825238161c8a8ca855637  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/The Slip art/06-Head Down.jpg
a468f72f276115abaee4b4fc04009c68f8bcac10  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/The Slip art/01-999999.jpg
b602234a878f25f2d10a28f03f72094145e8733d  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/07 Lights in the Sky.flac
60942fe125587dc616fcea06522b6a2929b8101f  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/03 Letting You.flac
4b0acf14b9408648372b80bbf03d29014253d844  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/06 Head Down.flac
fbbfbdb35fd0bfd8aa9700a4721d611b2955d4d4  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/01 999,999.flac
e12c34720281b6b9d62781970f6dbf2710853887  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/theslip.pdf
2ba9e732713b7e6ea720c0e254f7efd3102534fe  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/10 Demon Seed.flac
bc68fae40b59714b8542bd6be56e60a5887953ae  Nine_Inch_Nails_-_The_Slip_24-96k_Flac/05 Echoplex.flac

-- 
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster
Tel: +49 251 83 35146 Fax: +49 251 83 32729

If you receive something that says "Send this to everyone you know,"
pretend you don't know me.

---

From: Jö Fahlke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 16:22:14 +0100

> The files are the high-quality flacs of Nine Inch Nail's album "The Slip",

Sorry, I meant "high-definition" flacs.  I hope nobody downloaded the
"high-quality" mp3s accidentially.

Regards,
Jö.