Subject: Bug#514624: linux-image for sparc64 sungem problems

From: dann frazier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 11:43:45 -0700

forcemerge 508151 514624
thanks

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 03:37:09PM +0000, Alexander Clouter wrote:
> Package: linux-image-2.6.24-etchnhalf.1-sparc64
> Version: 2.6.24+13~etchnhalf.1
> 
> For some time, even since 2.6.18 we have had problems with the sungem 
> NIC driver on our Sun Netra T1 AC200[1] where the machine is prone to 
> locking up.
> 
> Then recently this month on the LKML someone posted[2] that they too 
> were having problems and submitted a fix.
> 
> It would probably be worth backport this patch to the lenny 2.6.26 
> kernel before general release; the patch is trivial and David Miller 
> seems happy with it too.  It would save a lot of pain for some sparc64 
> users out there.

Thanks for the report; it is likely too late to get this fix included
in the initial GR of lenny, but we can likely include it in the first
update.

Would you and/or Evgeni be able to test a 2.6.26 build to verify this
fix if I provide one?

-- 
dann frazier