Subject: Bug#514657 closed by Julien Cristau <[email-masked]> (Re: Bug#514657: release-notes: Docbook tags inflexibility)

From: [email-masked] (Debian Bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 20:57:08 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the release-notes package:

#514657: release-notes: Docbook tags inflexibility

It has been closed by Julien Cristau <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Julien Cristau <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
514657: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=514657
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Bug#514657: release-notes: Docbook tags inflexibility
From: Julien Cristau <[email-masked]>
To: Helge Kreutzmann <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 21:54:35 +0100

On Mon, Feb  9, 2009 at 23:07:30 +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:

> Package: release-notes
> Severity: normal
> 
> Validation fails if the following (sensible!) translations are done:
> msgid "description of \"proposed-update\""
> msgstr "Beschreibung von <quote>proposed-update</quote>"
> 
> 
> "      <contrib>Koordinator, <filename>about.po</filename>,
> <filename>installing.po</filename>, <filename>issues.po</filename>,
> <filename>moreinfo.po</filename>,
> <filename>release-notes.po</filename>,
> <filename>upgrading.po</filename>,
> <filename>whats-new.po</filename></contrib>"
> 
It doesn't look like this bug is serving any purpose at this point, and
the submitter should probably pursue this with the docbook upstream
folks if they want the dtd changed.  Closing.

Cheers,
Julien

Subject: release-notes: Docbook tags inflexibility
From: Helge Kreutzmann <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 23:07:30 +0100

Package: release-notes
Severity: normal

Validation fails if the following (sensible!) translations are done:
msgid "description of \"proposed-update\""
msgstr "Beschreibung von <quote>proposed-update</quote>"

"      <contrib>Koordinator, <filename>about.po</filename>,
<filename>installing.po</filename>, <filename>issues.po</filename>,
<filename>moreinfo.po</filename>,
<filename>release-notes.po</filename>,
<filename>upgrading.po</filename>,
<filename>whats-new.po</filename></contrib>"

-- 
      Dr. Helge Kreutzmann                     [email-masked]
           Dipl.-Phys.                   http://www.helgefjell.de/debian.php
        64bit GNU powered                     gpg signed mail preferred
           Help keep free software "libre": http://www.ffii.de/