Subject: Re: Bug#514657: release-notes: Docbook tags inflexibility

From: Helge Kreutzmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 09:47:37 +0100

reopen 514657
reassign 514657 docbook-xml
severity 514657 wishlist
thanks

On Sun, Jan 02, 2011 at 09:54:35PM +0100, Julien Cristau wrote:
> It doesn't look like this bug is serving any purpose at this point, and
> the submitter should probably pursue this with the docbook upstream
> folks if they want the dtd changed.  Closing.

As also stated in #26, I herby <q>wish</q> (i.e. would like to have)
the possibility to use <quote> and <filename> inside <contrib> (as 
possible inside <p>). Please sent this as a formal request to be discussed 
with the DocBook TC. Please use the use case from the next paragraph
as rationale/example. If something more elaborate is needed, please
tell me.

If that fails, IMHO the local copy of the DTD should be adapted, as
"faking" quotes while having <quote> is quite contrary to the spirit
of logical markup. Also the work is split among different files and
this should be refelected in the contribution, hence <filename> should
be possible there.

And please don't close bugs without talking with the submitter before,
especially since more than a year has lapsed since the last mail to
this bug.

Greetings

          Helge
-- 
      Dr. Helge Kreutzmann                     [email-masked]
           Dipl.-Phys.                   http://www.helgefjell.de/debian.php
        64bit GNU powered                     gpg signed mail preferred
           Help keep free software "libre": http://www.ffii.de/