Subject: linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64: Lots of kernel messages about lockd and the number of nfsd threads

From: Rik Theys <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 09:32:11 +0100

Package: linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64
Version: 2.6.26-13~bpo40+1
Severity: normal

Hi,

I'm running the 2.6.26 kernel from backports on etch. The server in
question is an NFS file server. During periods we're getting a lot of

lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of
nfsd threads

messages from the kernel. I've tried increasing the number of nfsd
threads (from 128 to 256) but the messages still appear. The default
number of nfsd threads is 8, so 128 (and 256) is a serious increase?

When I googled for the string, I found a red hat bug report [1] that seems
similar. It seems to conclude that the number of socket connections to
lockd is capped at 80. I've tried to decrease the number of nfsd threads
to 64 (to get below 80) but it doesn't help. Is the nfsd process talking
to lockd or are the network clients directly talking to lockd?

When I look at /proc/net/rpc/nfsd, the th line currently says:

th 64 2 8262.856 627.240 81.384 21.208 6.680 4.968 3.188 0.476 31.744
0.000

which I believe means the number of nfsd threads were never used 100%
(31.744 seconds at 80-90% capacity)?

I tried to determine the number of active connections by looking for the
port used by the lock manager using rpcinfo and then using netstat -an
to see the connections to/from that port, but the number of connections
is zero right now (but there are no messages being logged right now).

Any ideas on how to further debug this? The server in question is one of
our most loaded NFS servers and I haven't been able to reproduce this
on a test server.

I noticed that a snapshot kernel (2.6.26-14) on
kernel-archive.buildserver.net mentions "Backport upstream patches to
fix NFS "task blocked for more than 120 seconds" issue" in the
changelog. Any chance this will also fix the lockd problem? Rebooting
the server to try a bunch of kernels is not really an option, but one
reboot should be possible in about a week.

Regards,

Rik

[1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=457405

-- Package-specific info:
** Version:
Linux version 2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64 (Debian 2.6.26-13~bpo40+1) ([email-masked]) (gcc version 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)) #1 SMP Mon Jan 12 12:26:02 UTC 2009

** Command line:
root=/dev/mapper/vglocal-root ro 

** Not tainted

** Kernel log:
[2582760.434812] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2582768.449568] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2582769.459376] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2582877.051217] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2582878.588940] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2582882.333982] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2582890.236297] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2582900.004939] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2582904.024497] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2582906.807805] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2582932.014436] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2582938.092144] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2582939.113474] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2582942.972879] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2582948.205182] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2582994.071922] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583015.029338] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583018.901170] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583030.807122] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583031.361386] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583047.722268] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583053.155262] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583061.534054] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583063.947798] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583066.670525] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583071.069884] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583080.081877] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583082.845632] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583083.669690] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583281.047138] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583310.628560] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583313.894882] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583314.512691] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583331.011280] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583334.211369] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583595.713928] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2583600.283073] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584211.357678] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584222.473787] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584238.064195] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584240.988685] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584241.200588] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584242.573402] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584262.185492] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584263.796336] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584266.031232] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584266.401800] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584266.424184] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584268.242767] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584274.374176] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584274.469827] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584277.881359] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584279.216922] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584289.732028] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584290.478001] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584291.524155] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584294.822405] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584301.852355] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584306.622106] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584335.719389] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584336.844967] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584345.240115] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584382.418131] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584387.218386] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584388.832048] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584390.018393] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584392.184922] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584396.728784] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584401.368312] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584414.288214] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584429.794763] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584430.659079] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584439.688244] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584441.326546] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584460.073875] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584460.193177] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584467.055222] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584476.546188] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584495.295627] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584496.679387] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584501.675201] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584504.956484] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584510.930668] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584546.700825] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584552.536331] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584572.245927] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584578.824374] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584584.863567] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584587.909908] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584596.774547] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584607.859744] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584610.341836] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584673.663496] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584695.557197] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584697.727536] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584697.827921] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584703.070963] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2584717.321271] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2586694.147889] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads
[2586694.317663] lockd: too many open  connections, consider increasing the number of nfsd threads

** Loaded modules:
Module                  Size  Used by
nfs                   252080  1 
ipv6                  289224  54 
nfsd                  249256  73 
lockd                  69072  2 nfs,nfsd
nfs_acl                 7680  2 nfs,nfsd
auth_rpcgss            47904  1 nfsd
sunrpc                198120  433 nfs,nfsd,lockd,nfs_acl,auth_rpcgss
exportfs                8832  1 nfsd
ppdev                  11912  0 
parport_pc             31400  0 
lp                     14852  0 
parport                42160  3 ppdev,parport_pc,lp
ac                      9608  0 
battery                17032  0 
autofs4                24328  31 
quota_v2               13056  10 
xfs                   476712  2 
powernow_k8            17284  2 
cpufreq_conservative    12040  0 
cpufreq_stats           9248  0 
cpufreq_ondemand       12048  2 
freq_table              9472  3 powernow_k8,cpufreq_stats,cpufreq_ondemand
cpufreq_powersave       6528  0 
cpufreq_userspace       8708  0 
loop                   19724  0 
floppy                 61928  0 
pcspkr                  7296  0 
snd_pcm                82184  0 
snd_timer              26128  1 snd_pcm
snd                    63944  2 snd_pcm,snd_timer
soundcore              12192  1 snd
psmouse                42524  0 
snd_page_alloc         13328  1 snd_pcm
serio_raw              10116  0 
k8temp                  9472  0 
hpilo                  12304  0 
amd_rng                 7176  0 
rng_core                9224  1 amd_rng
hpwdt                  11904  0 
i2c_amd756             10884  0 
i2c_core               28192  1 i2c_amd756
shpchp                 34464  0 
pci_hotplug            32312  1 shpchp
container               8448  0 
button                 11808  0 
evdev                  14464  0 
dm_round_robin          7424  1 
dm_multipath           21648  2 dm_round_robin
ext3                  125584  14 
jbd                    51496  1 ext3
mbcache                12932  1 ext3
dm_mirror              20864  0 
dm_log                 14084  1 dm_mirror
dm_snapshot            19656  0 
dm_mod                 59248  58 dm_multipath,dm_mirror,dm_log,dm_snapshot
ide_generic             7296  0 [permanent]
ide_cd_mod             36744  0 
cdrom                  38184  1 ide_cd_mod
sd_mod                 29632  10 
ata_generic            10244  0 
libata                166624  1 ata_generic
dock                   14368  1 libata
e1000                 117696  0 
lpfc                  244084  20 
scsi_transport_fc      50052  1 lpfc
scsi_tgt               17872  1 scsi_transport_fc
cciss                  62600  3 
scsi_mod              161400  6 sd_mod,libata,lpfc,scsi_transport_fc,scsi_tgt,cciss
amd74xx                13704  0 [permanent]
tg3                    98052  0 
ide_core              128668  3 ide_generic,ide_cd_mod,amd74xx
ohci_hcd               25348  0 
thermal                22816  0 
processor              42816  2 powernow_k8,thermal
fan                     9480  0 
thermal_sys            17984  3 thermal,processor,fan

** PCI devices:
00:03.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] AMD-8111 PCI [1022:7460] (rev 07) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=64
	I/O behind bridge: 00004000-00004fff
	Memory behind bridge: f5f00000-f7bfffff
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: f5800000-f58fffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
	BridgeCtl: Parity+ SERR- NoISA- VGA+ MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
	Capabilities: <access denied>

00:04.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] AMD-8111 LPC [1022:7468] (rev 05)
	Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation Unknown device [0e11:3203]
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 0

00:04.1 IDE interface [0101]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] AMD-8111 IDE [1022:7469] (rev 03) (prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
	Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation Unknown device [0e11:3204]
	Control: I/O+ Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 0
	Region 0: [virtual] Memory at 000001f0 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=8]
	Region 1: [virtual] Memory at 000003f0 (type 3, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=1]
	Region 2: [virtual] Memory at 00000170 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=8]
	Region 3: [virtual] Memory at 00000370 (type 3, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=1]
	Region 4: I/O ports at 2000 [size=16]

00:04.3 Bridge [0680]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] AMD-8111 ACPI [1022:746b] (rev 05)
	Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation Unknown device [0e11:3205]
	Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-

00:07.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] AMD-8131 PCI-X Bridge [1022:7450] (rev 12) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=02, subordinate=02, sec-latency=64
	I/O behind bridge: 00005000-00005fff
	Memory behind bridge: f7c00000-f7cfffff
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000f5900000-00000000f59fffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz+ FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
	BridgeCtl: Parity+ SERR- NoISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
	Capabilities: <access denied>

00:07.1 PIC [0800]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] AMD-8131 PCI-X IOAPIC [1022:7451] (rev 01) (prog-if 10 [IO-APIC])
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 0

00:08.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] AMD-8131 PCI-X Bridge [1022:7450] (rev 12) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64
	Bus: primary=00, secondary=03, subordinate=03, sec-latency=64
	Memory behind bridge: f7d00000-f7dfffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz+ FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
	BridgeCtl: Parity+ SERR- NoISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
	Capabilities: <access denied>

00:08.1 PIC [0800]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] AMD-8131 PCI-X IOAPIC [1022:7451] (rev 01) (prog-if 10 [IO-APIC])
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 0

00:18.0 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] HyperTransport Technology Configuration [1022:1100]
	Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Capabilities: <access denied>

00:18.1 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Address Map [1022:1101]
	Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-

00:18.2 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] DRAM Controller [1022:1102]
	Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-

00:18.3 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Miscellaneous Control [1022:1103]
	Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-

00:19.0 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] HyperTransport Technology Configuration [1022:1100]
	Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Capabilities: <access denied>

00:19.1 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Address Map [1022:1101]
	Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-

00:19.2 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] DRAM Controller [1022:1102]
	Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-

00:19.3 Host bridge [0600]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Miscellaneous Control [1022:1103]
	Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-

01:00.0 USB Controller [0c03]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] AMD-8111 USB [1022:7464] (rev 0b) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
	Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation Unknown device [0e11:3202]
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64 (20000ns max)
	Interrupt: pin D routed to IRQ 19
	Region 0: Memory at f7bf0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]

01:00.1 USB Controller [0c03]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] AMD-8111 USB [1022:7464] (rev 0b) (prog-if 10 [OHCI])
	Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation Unknown device [0e11:3202]
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64 (20000ns max)
	Interrupt: pin D routed to IRQ 19
	Region 0: Memory at f7be0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]

01:02.0 System peripheral [0880]: Compaq Computer Corporation Integrated Lights Out Controller [0e11:b203] (rev 01)
	Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation Unknown device [0e11:b206]
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 7
	Region 0: I/O ports at 4800 [size=256]
	Region 1: Memory at f7bb0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
	Capabilities: <access denied>

01:02.2 System peripheral [0880]: Compaq Computer Corporation Integrated Lights Out  Processor [0e11:b204] (rev 01)
	Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation Unknown device [0e11:b206]
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping+ SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 17
	Region 0: I/O ports at 4000 [size=256]
	Region 1: Memory at f7ba0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
	Region 2: Memory at f7b90000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
	Region 3: Memory at f7b00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
	[virtual] Expansion ROM at f5820000 [disabled] [size=64K]
	Capabilities: <access denied>

01:03.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: ATI Technologies Inc Rage XL [1002:4752] (rev 27) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
	Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation Proliant Rage XL [0e11:001e]
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping+ SERR- FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64 (2000ns min), Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Region 0: Memory at f6000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16M]
	Region 1: I/O ports at 4400 [size=256]
	Region 2: Memory at f5ff0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
	[virtual] Expansion ROM at f5800000 [disabled] [size=128K]
	Capabilities: <access denied>

02:04.0 RAID bus controller [0104]: Compaq Computer Corporation Smart Array 64xx [0e11:0046] (rev 01)
	Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation Unknown device [0e11:4091]
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 24
	Region 0: Memory at f7cf0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
	Region 2: I/O ports at 5000 [size=256]
	Region 3: Memory at f7c80000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
	[virtual] Expansion ROM at f5900000 [disabled] [size=256K]
	Capabilities: <access denied>

03:06.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5704 Gigabit Ethernet [14e4:1648] (rev 10)
	Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation NC7782 Gigabit Server Adapter (PCI-X, 10,100,1000-T) [0e11:00d0]
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64 (16000ns min), Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 28
	Region 0: Memory at f7df0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
	Capabilities: <access denied>

03:06.1 Ethernet controller [0200]: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5704 Gigabit Ethernet [14e4:1648] (rev 10)
	Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation NC7782 Gigabit Server Adapter (PCI-X, 10,100,1000-T) [0e11:00d0]
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64 (16000ns min), Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 29
	Region 0: Memory at f7de0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
	Capabilities: <access denied>

04:09.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] AMD-8131 PCI-X Bridge [1022:7450] (rev 12) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64
	Bus: primary=04, secondary=05, subordinate=06, sec-latency=64
	I/O behind bridge: 00006000-00006fff
	Memory behind bridge: f7e00000-f7efffff
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000f8000000-00000000f80fffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz+ FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
	BridgeCtl: Parity+ SERR- NoISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
	Capabilities: <access denied>

04:09.1 PIC [0800]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] AMD-8131 PCI-X IOAPIC [1022:7451] (rev 01) (prog-if 10 [IO-APIC])
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 0

04:0a.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] AMD-8131 PCI-X Bridge [1022:7450] (rev 12) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64
	Bus: primary=04, secondary=07, subordinate=07, sec-latency=64
	I/O behind bridge: 00007000-00007fff
	Memory behind bridge: f7f00000-f7ffffff
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000f8100000-00000000f81fffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz+ FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
	BridgeCtl: Parity+ SERR- NoISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
	Capabilities: <access denied>

04:0a.1 PIC [0800]: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] AMD-8131 PCI-X IOAPIC [1022:7451] (rev 01) (prog-if 10 [IO-APIC])
	Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
	Status: Cap- 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 0

05:07.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Pericom Semiconductor Unknown device [12d8:01a7] (rev 01) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Bus: primary=05, secondary=06, subordinate=06, sec-latency=64
	I/O behind bridge: 00006000-00006fff
	Memory behind bridge: f7e00000-f7efffff
	Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000f8000000-00000000f80fffff
	Secondary status: 66MHz+ FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- <SERR- <PERR-
	BridgeCtl: Parity+ SERR+ NoISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
	Capabilities: <access denied>

06:04.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82546GB PRO/1000 GT Quad Port Server Adapter [8086:10b5] (rev 03)
	Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company NC340T PCI-X Quad-port Gigabit Server Adapter [103c:3109]
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64 (63750ns min), Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 34
	Region 0: Memory at f7ee0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
	Region 2: Memory at f7e80000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
	Region 4: I/O ports at 6000 [size=64]
	[virtual] Expansion ROM at f8000000 [disabled] [size=256K]
	Capabilities: <access denied>

06:04.1 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82546GB PRO/1000 GT Quad Port Server Adapter [8086:10b5] (rev 03)
	Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company NC340T PCI-X Quad-port Gigabit Server Adapter [103c:3109]
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64 (63750ns min), Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 35
	Region 0: Memory at f7e60000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
	Region 4: I/O ports at 6040 [size=64]
	Capabilities: <access denied>

06:06.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82546GB PRO/1000 GT Quad Port Server Adapter [8086:10b5] (rev 03)
	Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company NC340T PCI-X Quad-port Gigabit Server Adapter [103c:3109]
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64 (63750ns min), Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 32
	Region 0: Memory at f7e40000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
	Region 4: I/O ports at 6080 [size=64]
	Capabilities: <access denied>

06:06.1 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82546GB PRO/1000 GT Quad Port Server Adapter [8086:10b5] (rev 03)
	Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company NC340T PCI-X Quad-port Gigabit Server Adapter [103c:3109]
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 64 (63750ns min), Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 33
	Region 0: Memory at f7e20000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
	Region 4: I/O ports at 60c0 [size=64]
	Capabilities: <access denied>

07:09.0 Fibre Channel [0c04]: Emulex Corporation Helios-X LightPulse Fibre Channel Host Adapter [10df:fd00] (rev 01)
	Subsystem: Emulex Corporation Helios-X LightPulse Fibre Channel Host Adapter [10df:fd00]
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 248 (63750ns min), Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 36
	Region 0: Memory at f7ff0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
	Region 2: Memory at f7fe0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
	Region 4: I/O ports at 7000 [size=256]
	[virtual] Expansion ROM at f8100000 [disabled] [size=256K]
	Capabilities: <access denied>

07:09.1 Fibre Channel [0c04]: Emulex Corporation Helios-X LightPulse Fibre Channel Host Adapter [10df:fd00] (rev 01)
	Subsystem: Emulex Corporation Helios-X LightPulse Fibre Channel Host Adapter [10df:fd00]
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
	Latency: 248 (63750ns min), Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 37
	Region 0: Memory at f7fd0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
	Region 2: Memory at f7fc0000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256]
	Region 4: I/O ports at 7400 [size=256]
	[virtual] Expansion ROM at f8140000 [disabled] [size=256K]
	Capabilities: <access denied>

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 4.0
  APT prefers oldstable
  APT policy: (500, 'oldstable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Shell:  /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64
Locale: LANG=en_US.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)

Versions of packages linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64 depends on:
ii  debconf [debconf-2.0]        1.5.11etch2 Debian configuration management sy
ii  initramfs-tools [linux-initr 0.85i       tools for generating an initramfs
ii  module-init-tools            3.3-pre4-2  tools for managing Linux kernel mo

linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64 recommends no packages.

-- debconf information:
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/postinst/old-initrd-link-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64: true
  shared/kernel-image/really-run-bootloader: true
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/prerm/would-invalidate-boot-loader-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64: true
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/postinst/bootloader-test-error-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64:
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/preinst/abort-install-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64:
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/preinst/elilo-initrd-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64: true
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/preinst/failed-to-move-modules-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64:
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/postinst/bootloader-error-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64:
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/postinst/kimage-is-a-directory:
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/postinst/create-kimage-link-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64: true
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/preinst/abort-overwrite-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64:
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/postinst/depmod-error-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64: false
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/preinst/overwriting-modules-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64: true
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/preinst/lilo-initrd-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64: true
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/prerm/removing-running-kernel-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64: true
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/postinst/old-dir-initrd-link-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64: true
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/postinst/old-system-map-link-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64: true
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/preinst/bootloader-initrd-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64: true
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/preinst/initrd-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64:
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/preinst/lilo-has-ramdisk:
  linux-image-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64/postinst/depmod-error-initrd-2.6.26-bpo.1-amd64: false

Disclaimer: http://www.kuleuven.be/cwis/email_disclaimer.htm