Subject: Bug#531248: slim: doesn't stop daemon on uninstall

From: Matthew Palmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:51:32 +1000

Package: slim
Version: 1.3.0-1+lenny1

I just uninstalled slim, and no attempt was made to stop the daemon in the
maintainer scripts.  This is somewhat untidy.

- Matt

---

From: [email-masked] (Debian Bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 21:46:13 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your Bug report
which was filed against the slim package:

#531248: slim: doesn't stop daemon on uninstall

It has been closed by Marco Rodrigues <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Marco Rodrigues <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
531248: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=531248
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Package slim has been removed from Debian
From: Marco Rodrigues <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:41:18 +0100

Version: 1.3.0-2+rm

You filled the bug http://bugs.debian.org/531248 in Debian BTS
against the package slim. I'm closing it as fixed in *unstable*,
but it will remain open for older distributions.

For more information about this package's removal, read
http://bugs.debian.org/538921. That bug might give the reasons why
this package was removed and suggestions of possible replacements.

Don't hesitate to reply to this mail if you have any question.

Thank you for your contribution to Debian.

--
Marco Rodrigues

Subject: slim: doesn't stop daemon on uninstall
From: Matthew Palmer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 13:51:32 +1000

Package: slim
Version: 1.3.0-1+lenny1

- Matt