Subject: rhythmbox: ipod touch not recongnized anymore

From: Ulrik Sverdrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 22:13:40 +0200

Package: rhythmbox
Version: 0.12.1-1
Severity: normal

Using a jailbroken ipod touch mounted over sshfs,
I installed libgpod4 and the previous version of rhythmbox,
0.11.x, recognized the new ipod fine, it showed up in rhythmbox
as soon as it was mounted using sshfs.

Now, the ipod does not show up at all. It is displayed as a
digital camera in nautilus if connected by cable. If mounted wirelessly
with sshfs, it does not show up at all in rhythmbox. It does get an
ipod icon in nautilus.

-- System Information:
Debian Release: squeeze/sid
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (900, 'testing'), (1, 'experimental')
Architecture: powerpc (ppc)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.27-rc8fastboot
Locale: LANG=sv_SE.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=sv_SE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash

Versions of packages rhythmbox depends on:
ii  dbus         1.2.12-1                    simple interprocess messaging syst
ii  gconf2       2.26.2-1                    GNOME configuration database syste
ii  gnome-icon-t 2.26.0-1                    GNOME Desktop icon theme
ii  gstreamer0.1 0.10.23-2                   GStreamer plugin for ALSA
ii  gstreamer0.1 0.10.15-2                   GStreamer plugin for ESD
ii  gstreamer0.1 0.10.12-1                   GStreamer plugins from the "bad" s
ii  gstreamer0.1 0.10.23-2                   GStreamer plugins from the "base" 
ii  gstreamer0.1 0.10.15-2                   GStreamer plugins from the "good" 
ii  gstreamer0.1 0.10.23-2                   GStreamer plugins for X11 and Pang
ii  libatk1.0-0  1.26.0-1                    The ATK accessibility toolkit
ii  libavahi-cli 0.6.25-1                    Avahi client library
ii  libavahi-com 0.6.25-1                    Avahi common library
ii  libavahi-gli 0.6.25-1                    Avahi glib integration library
ii  libbonobo2-0 2.24.1-1                    Bonobo CORBA interfaces library
ii  libc6        2.9-12                      GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii  libcairo2    1.8.6-2+b1                  The Cairo 2D vector graphics libra
ii  libdbus-1-3  1.2.12-1                    simple interprocess messaging syst
ii  libdbus-glib 0.80-4                      simple interprocess messaging syst
ii  libfontconfi 2.6.0-3                     generic font configuration library
ii  libfreetype6 2.3.9-4.1                   FreeType 2 font engine, shared lib
ii  libgcc1      1:4.4.0-5                   GCC support library
ii  libgconf2-4  2.26.2-1                    GNOME configuration database syste
ii  libglade2-0  1:2.6.4-1                   library to load .glade files at ru
ii  libglib2.0-0 2.20.1-2                    The GLib library of C routines
ii  libgnome-key 2.26.1-1                    GNOME keyring services library
ii  libgnome-med 2.26.0-1                    runtime libraries for the GNOME me
ii  libgnome2-0  2.26.0-1                    The GNOME library - runtime files
ii  libgpod4     0.7.0-2                     library to read and write songs an
ii  libgstreamer 0.10.23-2                   GStreamer libraries from the "base
ii  libgstreamer 0.10.23-1                   Core GStreamer libraries and eleme
ii  libgtk2.0-0  2.16.1-2                    The GTK+ graphical user interface 
ii  libhal1      0.5.12~git20090406.46dc48-2 Hardware Abstraction Layer - share
ii  libice6      2:1.0.5-1                   X11 Inter-Client Exchange library
ii  liblircclien 0.8.3-3                     infra-red remote control support -
ii  libmtp8      0.3.7-7                     Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) libr
ii  libmusicbrai 2.1.5-2                     Second generation incarnation of t
ii  libnautilus- 2.24.0-3                    Nautilus Burn Library - runtime ve
ii  libnotify1 [ 0.4.5-1                     sends desktop notifications to a n
ii  liborbit2    1:2.14.17-0.1               libraries for ORBit2 - a CORBA ORB
ii  libpango1.0- 1.24.0-3+b1                 Layout and rendering of internatio
ii  libpopt0     1.14-4                      lib for parsing cmdline parameters
ii  libsm6       2:1.1.0-2                   X11 Session Management library
ii  libsoup2.4-1 2.26.2-1                    an HTTP library implementation in 
ii  libstdc++6   4.4.0-5                     The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
ii  libtotem-plp 2.26.2-1                    Totem Playlist Parser library - ru
ii  libusb-0.1-4 2:0.1.12-13                 userspace USB programming library
ii  libx11-6     2:1.2.1-1                   X11 client-side library
ii  libxml2      2.7.3.dfsg-1                GNOME XML library
ii  python       2.5.4-2                     An interactive high-level object-o
ii  python-gnome 2.26.1-1                    Python bindings for the GNOME desk
ii  python-gst0. 0.10.15-1                   generic media-playing framework (P
ii  python-gtk2  2.14.1-3                    Python bindings for the GTK+ widge
ii  python-suppo 1.0.3                       automated rebuilding support for P
ii  python2.5    2.5.4-1                     An interactive high-level object-o
ii  zlib1g       1:1.2.3.3.dfsg-13           compression library - runtime

Versions of packages rhythmbox recommends:
ii  avahi-daemon 0.6.25-1                    Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD daemon
pn  gnome-codec- <none>                      (no description available)
ii  gstreamer0.1 0.10.11-1                   GStreamer plugins from the "ugly" 
ii  hal          0.5.12~git20090406.46dc48-2 Hardware Abstraction Layer
ii  notification 0.4.0-1                     a daemon that displays passive pop
ii  yelp         2.24.0-2                    Help browser for GNOME 2

Versions of packages rhythmbox suggests:
ii  gnome-control-center        1:2.24.0.1-5 utilities to configure the GNOME d
ii  gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad   0.10.12-1    GStreamer plugins from the "bad" s
pn  python-coherence            <none>       (no description available)

-- no debconf information