Subject: amavisd-new does not use '$sa_kill_level_deflt'

From: DSI-Zoebisch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:32:54 +0200

Package: amavisd-new
Version: 1:2.6.1.dfsg-1
Severity: important

Amavisd-new does not use '$sa_kill_level_deflt' in '/etc/amavis/conf.d/20-debian_defaults', it's using the 'required_score'-value from
'/etc/spamassassin/local.cf'. You can see this error in 'Spamassassin Report' (see also #218425), there is used the 'required_score'-value instead
the '$sa_kill_level_deflt'

-- System Information:
Debian Release: 5.0.2
  APT prefers stable
  APT policy: (500, 'stable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)

Kernel: Linux 2.6.18-openvz-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=de_DE.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=de_DE.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8) (ignored: LC_ALL set to de_DE.UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash

Versions of packages amavisd-new depends on:
ii  adduser                       3.110      add and remove users and groups
ii  debconf [debconf-2.0]         1.5.24     Debian configuration management sy
ii  file                          4.26-1     Determines file type using "magic"
ii  libarchive-zip-perl           1.18-1     Module for manipulation of ZIP arc
ii  libberkeleydb-perl            0.34-1+b1  use Berkeley DB 4 databases from P
ii  libcompress-zlib-perl         2.012-1    Perl module for creation and manip
ii  libconvert-tnef-perl          0.17-8     Perl module to read TNEF files
ii  libconvert-uulib-perl         1.11-1     Perl interface to the uulib librar
pn  libdigest-md5-perl            <none>     (no description available)
ii  libio-stringy-perl            2.110-4    Perl modules for IO from scalars a
ii  libmailtools-perl             2.03-1     Manipulate email in perl programs
pn  libmime-base64-perl           <none>     (no description available)
ii  libmime-tools-perl            5.427-1    Perl5 modules for MIME-compliant m
ii  libnet-server-perl            0.97-1     An extensible, general perl server
ii  libunix-syslog-perl           1.1-2      Perl interface to the UNIX syslog(
ii  perl [libtime-hires-perl]     5.10.0-19  Larry Wall's Practical Extraction 
ii  perl-modules [libarchive-tar- 5.10.0-19  Core Perl modules

amavisd-new recommends no packages.

Versions of packages amavisd-new suggests:
pn  apt-listchanges   <none>                 (no description available)
ii  arj               3.10.22-6              archiver for .arj files
ii  cabextract        1.2-3                  a program to extract Microsoft Cab
ii  clamav            0.95.1+dfsg-1volatile2 anti-virus utility for Unix - comm
ii  clamav-daemon     0.95.1+dfsg-1volatile2 anti-virus utility for Unix - scan
ii  cpio              2.9-13                 GNU cpio -- a program to manage ar
pn  dspam             <none>                 (no description available)
pn  lha               <none>                 (no description available)
pn  libauthen-sasl-pe <none>                 (no description available)
ii  libdbi-perl       1.605-1                Perl5 database interface by Tim Bu
pn  libmail-dkim-perl <none>                 (no description available)
pn  libnet-ldap-perl  <none>                 (no description available)
pn  lzop              <none>                 (no description available)
pn  nomarch           <none>                 (no description available)
ii  spamassassin      3.2.5-2                Perl-based spam filter using text 
pn  unrar             <none>                 (no description available)
ii  zoo               2.10-21                manipulate zoo archives

-- debconf information:
  amavisd-new/outdated_config_style_warning:

---

From: Alexander Wirt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:51:10 +0200

merge 535155 218425
tag 535155 wontfix
thanks

> the '$sa_kill_level_deflt'
Thats not true. 

This is a known problem of amavisd that the score of local.cf is shown but
not used. Spamassassin Report is totally unimportant here. 

You maybe want to read your cited bugreport (#218425) to the end. 
Mark Martinec (the author of amavisd-new) says: 

	Right. It is a cosmetic issue, and I don't see a clean way
	around it. The number in the report (macro %A) comes from the
	SA config setting 'required_hits' which has no significance
	when SA is called from amavisd-new.

	The equivalent levels that do have effect on mail processing
	with amavisd-new are tag/tag2/kill levels in amavisd.conf.

	As the SA report is normally only seen by admininstrator
	in the spam admin report, I don't think it is worth the effort
	to automatically edit the report.

There are also several references of this problem on the amavisd-new mailinglist:

http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.unix.amavis-user/browse_thread/thread/2afc6e4a86beab10/c34c36a26ca9277d?lnk=gst&q=required_hits#c34c36a26ca9277d

http://groups.google.com/group/mailing.unix.amavis-user/browse_thread/thread/93f30b132d31015f/8861393482449245?lnk=gst&q=required_hits#8861393482449245

And some more. 

Alex